Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Big bone

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by cocowheats, Jun 1, 2017.

1. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So after we found them two small my friend wanted to go again next day. So I get up after a few hours off nites. I say I got a new spot to check. We drive there and start walking the wheeler trail to our spot. This was crazy.
    Bone dog is maybe thirty yards ahead and sniffing away just off the trail. Like one foot off the trail. I say look at blade he has one maybe. She starts walking up. I start running. We both start running and I see this beauty. Wow. Omg unreal. What a nice fresh find.
    IMG_0728.JPG
    Since I'm out of service always, my atls are on my camera. I'll post later. So now it's like let's find the match. We start poking and searching around the area. There is a camper close by and I say let's go in by the campers and circle back.
    About ten minutes in bone dog starts his zig zag I'm on one and all sudden I see a tiny bone poking out. I yell blade has one. She starts coming over and I walk up and see where the tines are poking up. Holy it's a big one. I yell wow it's big.
    IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    It was obviously old but very similar. We did a little looking but not much. I figure the match is in the swamp. Till next year.
    What a struggle carrying them two out. I never moose shed hunted till this year. What an addiction. It's green now but I'm gonna try a new spot tomorrow. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

bbslayr likes this.
  2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice write up and great finds!

cocowheats likes this.
  3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bunch of bone for sure.

cocowheats likes this.