** BHOD ProStaff Profiles **

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Fitz, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 16

States Hunted: NW Illinois, & NW Wisconsin

Hunting for me is therapy. It allowsme to get away from the tasks of ever day life, enjoy God's creationand unwind. I enjoy doing anything outdoors, hunting, fishing,photography, even yard work! I've been blessed with any amazingwife, who allows me to spend time doing the things I love. In Marchof 2014 we had our first child Jack. He cuts back a bit on my“playtime” and sleep, but he is the best thing that's everhappened to me and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 39 years bowhunting

States Hunted: Wiconsin, Kansas & Minnesota. Hoping to hunt Wyoming this Fall.

It all started for me at the “Family Cabin” in Northern Wisconsin. It was my second home most of the year and the place where my father put my first bow in my hands as a young child just as his dad did with him. I come from an archery shooting, hunting family with my grandfather and grandmother both making their own long bows and competing in competitions back in the 1930’s. A shooting tradition handed down 4 generations now to my son, Chase Hunter Larson, also a Bowhunting.com Pro-Staff member. I feel blessed to be able to share so many outdoor adventures with my son and family and look forward to many more hunts that we can share with everyone in the future.

When I’m not roaming the woods chasing those things that either run or fly, I enjoy spending time on the water, wetting a line. I am also a freelance writer and photographer and enjoy training my black labs, Drake and Carson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 17, 12 years bowhunting

States Hunted: Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Soon to be Wyoming!

I was born, raised and currently reside in and town where hunting isn't very prominent but fortunate enough to have a father who was an avid outdoorsman. I started fishing as soon as I could hold a snoopy pole on our trips to the Boundary Waters in Northern MN and my passion for the outdoors grew from there.

I began bowhunting when I was 17 though my father tried to start me sooner (what was I thinking!). I went to college at Michigan State University where I met some great people (most importantly my wife Stephanie!) who helped me to continue my passion for bowhunting even away from home. After college I got a job for a transportation company back home and picked up right where I left off spending 3 months out of the year in the IL hardwoods.

My passion for filming started when fellow Prostaffer and long time friend Tim Ainsworth and I filmed our fishing expeditions when we were young (Stu and Al Adventures). Cheesy? Yes, but it fueled our passion for filming and led us to where we are today as ProStaff Members and Managers for Bowhunting.com! BHOD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 40 years, over 20 years bowhunting

States Hunted:I hunt mostly in Nebraska but hope to hunt in Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas in the next two years.

I have three lovely daughters Trisha, Megan, Kelly and a wonderful son-in-law David. I have been married, to my college sweetheart, Yolanda for 37 years. I build knives and sell flashlights.

I enjoy the outdoors using our CanCooker, but most of all I really love to hunt with a buddy and share the whole hunting experience from planning to processing our own meat and making sausage. I have shot several does and a couple of small 4x5 bucks and would like to shoot a buck with a drop tine. I really enjoy being a cameraman filming hunts and I am having a blast my first year on the BHOD Team. My goals are to improve my camera work and shoot a nice buck and a turkey on film this year with my buddy Keith.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 14

States Hunted: Wisconsin & Kentucky

I grew up in the hills of Southwest Wisconsin. At a young age before I could hunt I accompanied my father and grandfather deer hunting. I grew up gun hunting but my father decided to make the transition into archery when I was 14 and we both took to the timber with bows in our hands. Those first few hunts made it easy to decide bowhunting was for me.

I attended technical college for Automotive but changed careers do to interests. I currently am employed as an industrial automated overhead crane operator. I also operate a small photography business.

I enjoy photography, videography, and being outdoors. I like the journey that comes with bowhunting. Food plots, hanging stands, trail cameras, cutting trails, observing wildlife. I also love fishing and camping, but never seem to have enough time to enjoy these activities enough! I share these activities with my wonderful girlfriend Alissa. She also bowhunts now, only took 5 years of dating! I love sharing my knowledge for the outdoors and hunting with family, friends, and mentoring new hunters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 12

States Hunted: Wisconsin

I have Hunted in Wisconsin for 12 years and grew up in a small town in southeastern Wisconsin. I am lucky to say I just became a dad. My wife and I have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I have been in the same zip code my whole life. My first job was working on a dairy farm, where I milked 200 cows morning and night. I'm glad that my dad got me that job, because everything that I do now extended from being a farmer

I started hunting deer in the big woods in central to northern Wisconsin, where when you saw brown you shot and it didn't matter if it was a spiker or a doe. Then I met, Jeff Kaye, my partner while I was goose hunting on the farm that I worked on and everything started to change. You have to hunt where there are big deer, you can't shoot them if there not there. I am blessed to have a friend that has showed me the ropes. Every time I go out to the woods I learn more and more about filming, stand locations, food plots, etc..... I'm glad to be part of BHOD because I feel that everyone on the team is down to Earth and just loves being in the outdoors. Good luck to everyone hitting the woods this year!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.