Beware Barnett

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Grouch, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This past week I noticed the string on my hand crank cocking device is fraying, I called Barnett and was put on hold, I then went to the website, emailed them my need for a new string for my cocking device on my Barnett raptor pro, I am still waiting for a reply on the web message, So I sent a 2nd email, still waiting, I finally got a call from a nice gal, Told her of my needs, She said my xbow was discontinued and no repacement strings available, She said I can manually cock the xbow, GREAT ! Told her after 2 shoulder and 2 back surgeries I need the cocking device, She said sad but basically too bad, Told her I wish to speak to her supervisor, was told she would email super and they would call me ! Still waiting for call back, I may have to throw a perfectly good xbow away that I actually like and purchase a new one all for a 3 or 4 foot string ! We can get replacement parts for cars, trucks, washers and dryers etc for many years after purchase but not string ???????????? DISPICABLE !!! COSTUMER SERVICE

2. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So Grouch I gotta ask. Did you take it apart and look at the string? I cant imaging you can't find a piece of rope to replace the original with.

3. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    its not just a pie ce of string you can get at walmart

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know I have a Barnett with the cocking device. It is a nylon braid similar to heavy curtain pull chord. I am sure it probably in the 200-300 LB test

5. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Try this. It is the cord for an Accudraw cocking system that Tenpoint uses. I had a Tenpoint bow at one point and the cord frayed on it and I purchased a replacement cord from Amazon. They don't seem to have them in stock now but you can get one directly from Tenpoint. It might just work for you.

https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/product/acudraw-draw-cord/

6. Shootrj2003

Shootrj2003 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nothin for nuttin small engine pull cord or any cord similar at the hardware store,check the pull strength on the spool ,it’s not anything real special.I understand your anger but It could be the easier faster low stress way and if you feel like arguing for your rights do it when you are in a position of not really needing it.