Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rare thing here...

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Impossible to see them from my place even though we live in the county.

Light pollution from the town 5 miles away blocks our view

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guess we are spoiled in Minnesota. It gets pitch black where I live, lucky for that too.

4. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    3 miles west we would be good. Can't go east, the Bay of Green Bay is that way

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last night when I was laying in bed waiting for morning it rained. When I got up the patio was just a little wet. it had been over 45 days since it last rained.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Milton came thru and destroyed what was left on Anna Maria island what wasn't blown away was flooded. The family compound on Snead the next island over had 1 tree down in the yard $1400 and it was removed yesterday. Not sure if I should buy my family members out because the place is bullet proof or if we should sell and advertise as bullet proof. It does suck that a house that sits empty half the year and nobody cares deeply about the place is spared while other lose everything.

cantexian likes this.
  7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

That little sprinkle got here today. Not sure how long its been since the last "rain". First time our lawn has been brown in Oct!!!

Weeds are going to get a jump start next year! Not looking forward to putting weed and feed on 2.75 acres that is for sure!!!

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Sleep on it for a bit. If all family members pay their share (or dont) you have your answer

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hauled the last load to storage on Saturday morning and have my compromise shop ready to roll. I have been looking for a lot to build a pole barn but there is nothing available. I could buy a lot in town but it is right next to the bar. My compromise shop isn't bad has a nice view of the bay, heated floors, fridge, bathroom just down the hall and I don't have to go outside to get there. Best part it only costs me $110 a month.

I am bringing in my last project boat to assemble and complete. I will be left alone to work on it and relax, all I have to do is tell the wife I need to buck a few rivets in the boat, her and the dogs will avoid the garage door like it is the gate to hell.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They do not pay at all, funds from the trust. I am the gate keeper for what the trust pays for at the house.

11. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Wasn’t sure where to share this. These are 2 of my troops in NC. They are there on their own personal leave. I have a few of my guys there. I run a team of pjs and CCTs. We tried every which way to be sent by the military to NC, but leadership as it is, refused. I was even reprimanded for trying to send them on different pretenses near there and we just go work… you know, SOF doing SOF things. When our leadership failed my guys took leave. I could not go bc of my wife about to give birth. My guys took their med rucks, radios, and personal gear and went and helped. They have been bagging bodies, landing helos and airplanes, helping with searches, providing medical care, cleaning up and being the operators they were trained to be. They are getting about 5 hrs of sleep on the ground in a hanger, and working the rest. They are eating off a jetboil on food they brought and filtering and purifying water so they can be self sufficient.

I don’t want to delve into the politics of any of it. If you know me I am very against both sides as all they care about is themselves. I do want to be proud of my guys and show there are some good ppl doing good things until we deploy and get to do bad things to bad ppl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR GUYS FOR STEPPING UP. This under personal health and professional risk
    THANK YOU!

Wedes and cantexian like this.
  13. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are the real Americans right there, and far more useful than any politician. Please thank them for their service and sacrifice for us!