Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My older boys won their baseball league with a 6-1 record and both made the allstar team and the tournament is this weekend. Unfortunately, my middle son had to have a emergency surgery on June 2nd, and probably will not be recovered enough in time to play.

oldnotdead, Germ, wl704 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    27 years and counting of Marriage today for my wife and me!!

upload_2024-6-14_6-46-2.png

oldnotdead, cantexian and JeffC like this.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This little guy was just chilling enjoying sunshine this morning, hope everyone leaves him alone. bambie.PNG

Sota, oldnotdead, Germ and 1 other person like this.
  4. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The "Tick Mitt"
    I'm granddog sitting and our daughter brought me a gift. The tick mitt. Wipe it on you and or your medium to short haired dog and the ticks stick to it. Then place in zippered mesh bag and place in the dryer for 10 mins..
    Well the pack and I took a woods walk they ran through everything. Got back and wiped them down. Dang the thing works!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    wl704 likes this.
  6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hubby is looking for a zero turn. He can't decide . So he writes down all the options he found that fit his criteria. Put the names on separate pieces and put them in his cap. Then told ME we get the one I randomly pick out. Ya setting me up for " You chose it!" When anything goes wrong...lol
    Well I pulled out the heaviest duty with the least price. I think a Bad boy????

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Putting the first coat of black paint on the loon decoy tonight. Finally got the neck joint perfect last night, last coat of primer proved that. I just have to keep my patience and tell myself I am crafting a decoy, not an art piece. When I am done I may roll it around in a burlap bag with other decoys for a couple of weeks maybe shoot it once so it matches the other decoys on the mantle.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hill Billy air-conditioning. We do not have air, not even portable. We do use fans and heavy quilts on south and west windows. When temps go into 90's I close everything up tight early a.m.. open up the basement door ( center of house) place a tall and short fan at the top of stairs and draw up basement air. House stays around 72..... when sun goes completely down and temps cool a bit basement gets closed, windows opened and outside air circulated. Gotta love a basement.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  9. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    We ended up taking 5th place out of 18 teams in the state allstar tournament. A great baseball season for what likely be my last time coaching my oldest. He will be playing school sports from now on. He had an incredibly dominant pitching performance to get us into the quarterfinals. 6IP, 11K, 0W, 4H, 4R. Three of the four hits he allowed were infield ground balls that should have been outs if the throw was earlier. Only one hit was a legit base hit into the outfield. Unfortunately, he was out of innings to pitch for the tournament after that game.

He played SS in the game we were eliminated and had a 6-3 GO and an unassisted double play of a line drive and getting the untagged up runner at 2nd.

Season stats:

Easton Regular Season:
    IP-13
    K-32
    W-13
    K/BB-2.46
    ERA-3.46
    H-2
    HB—1
    R-5

Hitting
    Single-7
    Double-1
    Triple-1
    SB-15
    R-6
    K-2
    RBI-7
    AVG-.642

Easton Tournament
    IP-8
    K-14
    W-2
    K/BB-7.00
    ERA-4.5
    H-5
    HB-0
    R-4

Hitting
    Singles-7
    Double-1
    W-1
    K-1
    Avg-.800
    SB-9
    R-4
    RBI-6

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wife brought cranberry walnut loaf back from Publix in Florida. Toasted with a cup of coffee on misty wet Saturday morning, perfect.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My son dropped off his dog with me to watch him while he spent the weekend in Duluth running Grandma's marathon. Last thing I said to him was good luck, try to beat a Kenyan, talked to him this morning he ran it in 3:32 we had a chuckle he said last half mile there was a Kenyan in front of him, he caught and passed him. That's my son.

oldnotdead and wl704 like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Came home to 2 little monsters that order me around. Surprise the boys are sleeping over, oldest grandson tells me he is staying for 100 days.

oldnotdead and dprsdhunter like this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Picked my first # of blueberries of the season. All this rain and warmth has them huge and sweet.
    We finished up the strawberry/rhubarb sauce last night over homemade icecream. Having the blueberry sauce over same tonight. So good! My sugarfree home made icecream.

JeffC and Sota like this.