Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny story we went to our favorite BBQ place in Denver Friday night, my son wanted to watch the first half of the Wolves game at a sports bar. He did a google search and said hey this place has good reviews, cold beer and sports on TVs, what's the name I asked. Twin Peaks, I said hey sounds good let's go, they had no idea what Twin Peaks is or what it is like on a Friday night. The Wolves got smacked but watching my embarrassed son and my disgusted wife made for some good entertainment.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had some big fun yesterday, I went out to shut the doors on my shed and noticed smoke on the other side of the road. My compost heap caught fire and the cottonwood fluff spread the fire. I quick grabbed the garden hose from the side of the hose and strung on another 200' feet. Little fire was ripping in the wind and I was out there in crocs and shorts. I did keep it to a quarter acre with no help. I told my friends what I wouldn't give to be on just 1 more fire, I got my wish and it was a solo fire. Felt good to shower and see all the black run down the drain again but it didn't feel that good this morning, scratches from briars and a little stiff.

Bone Head Hunter and JeffC like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ricky Stenhouse JR, he got to be with Danica briefly and got to punch Kyle Busch.

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last night was a great baseball game. It was a rematch between my boys and the only team that has beaten us this season. We won 8-2, the difference being that my son did not pitch in the first game. Last night he threw 4 innings with 10K, 1 W, 1 HB, and 1 H, giving up only the two runs on only 54 pitches. Another runner got on base when our first baseman Buckner'ed an easy ground ball. My son also fielded a bunt for an out. Hitting he went 3 for 3 with a double and two RBI singles, he stole four bases and scored twice.

The most satisfying part of this, is that the other team was cocky and had been all season. They pitched a kid who had played travel ball until this year. As a team, we took him for 8 hits and 7 runs. Before the game, my son said this game was personal since he didn't pitch against them in the first game and he was going to beat them. He did, definitively.

But, what makes me most proud, is that he stayed calm and collected throughout the game and he was humble after the game ended; no excessive celebration, no trash talking, just shook hands and walked off like he had done it before and it was no big deal.

Suncrest08, oldnotdead, wl704 and 5 others like this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I love this! Good for you guys. :rock:

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  6. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If anybody does their own auto maintenance and hasn’t heard of “Operation Charm” it’s an absolute game changer. Factory service manuals for free for everything. I just discovered it today and while I already bought (>$100 each) factory service manuals for all my vehicles I won’t be doing that for my next vehicle. I compared my factory service manuals to the ones on here for both my vehicles and they’re legitimate. Not sure if this site is something everyone knows about and I’m just late to the party or if it’s new and relatively unknown but figured I’d share it incase anyone else is in the dark. The website is https://charm.li/. If you haven’t heard of it and you maintain and repair your own vehicles then check it out. It’s legit.
    IMG_9611.png
    IMG_9609.png IMG_9608.png IMG_9610.png

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Suncrest08 and Justin like this.
  7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was good to spend the last couple days hiking through the mountains with my son, before he starts his job as a PA. Less about what was said, but a shared goal, time spent doing something hard, and accomplishing our objective. Type 2 fun.

Next up, my granddaughters birthday trip to the zoo...while it shouldn't be difficult, it should be type 1 fun.

JeffC, oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Daughter called last night, she has been busy and forgot daycare is closed Friday and Monday asked if we could watch the boys tomorrow and keep them over night. Fastest yes she is ever going to hear.

Jeremy/PA, Mod-it, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Went to grandsons concert. The director did a great job with them and the kids all looked to be having fun. He had a good turn out with grand parents , Aunt , uncle and great Aunt all in attendance. Icecream parlor gathering after.
    It felt like the good old days of normalcy.

Mod-it, Sota and JeffC like this.
  10. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Memorial day cook outs spent with family, and all the fixings for a fine meal.
    1000002330.jpg

Suncrest08, oldnotdead, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Lilly pad, boys spent over an hour running and jumping off the dock laughing the entire time, busy day yesterday ended with hot coco and marshmallows by the fire.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Loons are by the dock with their 2 new chicks happy to see. The pair were unsuccessful last year.

oldnotdead and The Old Man like this.
  13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Words cannot express how proud I am of my boys, last night, with one more game next week, they clinched first place in their age division for the baseball season. A big 10-4 win. Easton pitched two innings with 5K, 6W, 0H, 3R. Blake pitched 1 inning relieving Easton with 2K, 1W and 1R. Easton, at third base, fielded a ground ball for the other out while Blake was pitching.

Easton went 3 for 3 hitting with an RBI triple, two RBI singles, 4 SB, and scored twice. Blake had an RBI Sacrifice Fly.

Image1717159575.168362.jpg
    IMG_9802.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I took some egg cartons to the neighbor who has been hooking us up with farm fresh eggs...he told me to also take about a case of a local beer that he doesn't particularly like...

Last edited: May 31, 2024
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    6 walks from Easton? My Dad would have dropped me off a mile from home and said run home don't WALK.:biggrin:

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    logging in after a bit of a hiatus and seeing all you hens still here pecking away.

Hope you all have a great summer.

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yard Goats is a great team name! Congrats to your boys on a great season.

cantexian likes this.
  18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    It was an off night for him, every body has one now and then. He made up for it accounting for 80% of our offense.

Sota likes this.
  19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Took me a minute to read "W" as "walk" and not "win". I hope you're not keeping the book, coach. :moose:

cantexian likes this.
  20. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t deal in wins and losses in the score book. The only stats I keep are for my kids’ performances. But since you bring it up, we went 4-0 when he pitched this year. Which makes him the only undefeated pitcher in the league. In a few weeks after the Allstar tournament, I will do a season total on his stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums