Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Doing stuff you love with the one you love.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony, oldnotdead, Sota and 5 others like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The only friend I stay in touch with from Highschool came up and stayed over night. Good friend we stayed up talking about life till the wee hours in the morning.

Tony, Birdswacker, oldnotdead and 3 others like this.
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We were spared the crappy winter weather on our quick trip up to NY and back. It was one of the bright spots this weekend.

Tony, Fix and Sota like this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be celebrating the lunar eclipse in April very happily. The Eclipse means I do not have to drive my dad back From Florida because my nephew wants to see it so he is going down instead of me.

Tony likes this.
  5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For both of my boys, this is their first year wrestling. Yesterday was the third tournament for my oldest and second tournament for my youngest. My oldest placed second in both the novice and open divisions. He went 6-2 on the day, winning three matches by pin and three by points. His only losses came to the first place winners in both divisions.

My youngest placed 3rd in the open division and second in the novice division.

Image1708264122.811374.jpg Image1708264138.293874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Tony, Mod-it, JeffC and 5 others like this.
  6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hubby went to grandsons last BB game. He came home a tad ticked...
    Apparently a female ref had favored the home team. We lost in the end after being ahead most of game. The the ref got very active after we kept scoring.
    Well our grandson over heard gramps conversation with his dad after game, and piped up

" Thats OK grandpa, we won the last 3 games anyways".
    Good attitude, he doesnt have to win every time to feel good
    On to Choir now, he's also in to music

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I hosted the other kids and their pack. We had 4 dogs yesterday. Two were fosters and one a not yet house trained pup....rugs are drying now...lol
    They are keeping the husky and.......we are thinking very hard on the special needs Dalmatian...we'll see

Part1(1).jpg Part0(2).jpg

JeffC and Westfinger like this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Grandsons had a sleepover My oldest grandson wanted to play outside this morning I helped get him get his winter gear on, he wanted his work gloves instead of his mittens. The kid is a little over 4 he has a pair of Kinco work gloves I looked at the gloves they are well worn they will not last the winter. He went out to play his play was shoveling the patio.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My neighbors are in Florida till March, I am looking after the house gathering mail etc. My neighbor worships his lawn, he mows 3 times a week in the summer and is always out fretting over his lawn. When the snow melted I took a picture of his front lawn and had a guy at work photo shop a lawn full of dandy lions in. I texted him today and said hey there is an issue over at your place I will send you a picture and let me know how you want me to proceed. I waited about 20 minutes then texted him the picture of his lawn covered in dandy lions.

I made sure to let his wife in on the joke so Rudy didn't pack up the truck and drive back in a panic.

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    A steaming dish of venison enchiladas...Dang they were good

Westfinger, cantexian, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    The 2 grandsons arrive for a days visit soon. Time out side helping in garden, hiking and then making cookies, lunch and a movie with desert, home made ice cream.

Sota and JeffC like this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I was very ,very pleased with the boys visit. They, not me , made great cookies with guidance. Did a pretty good hike around the woods before taking a gator ride. Tried working in garden pulling plants, but ground is still frozen. Taught them about tracks had some good learning discussions.

dprsdhunter and Westfinger like this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t like the best things in life on this one in reality.
    If Things were great in this world and ppl. in need weren't "picky" I wouldn't have benefited.
    Food banks in honesty are store throw aways and tax right off . They do benefit a whole lot of people, in need and not.
    This one ends before people are on the drive home from work, one can figure out why. Always has a variety of things with meat and cheeses snacks and sweet treats /drinks going first. People are picky and at the end of day a lot gets tossed.
    Well I got a drop off, 3 boxes of produce. 6 bags of great looking romain heads 3 a bag, 7 big firm cabbages, 3 huge clumps of kales several bags of knappa cabbage and 6 big bags of sweet taters all of it in great shape ,but taters were musty and several a bag had blue mold.
    fine by me. The good ones I took out to store for planting slips the rest I peeled and cooked for the Dalmatian. His special needs are from urinary stones he had surgery for. ZERO PURINE diet, moderate protein. So no meat at all. Fruits , certain veggies, rice and thank God Eggs. This and a special $$$$$ dog food. Chickens just got a hanging head of cabbage to play with and eat. I got some salad and potatoes to plant. Nothing going to waste.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My 2021 Silverado has 134,000 miles on it and the front brake pads are still at 57%.

Westfinger and cantexian like this.
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be a wild ride in weather this week. Low 50's today dropping to 12 then high of 23 dropping to 16 on Sat.. shooting up to mid 50's monday so on and so forth. I think we skipped March all ready.

To previous post, Hubby came home and said small emporium at bottom of hill, down the road from where they do the food bank stuff, had food. They apparently got a drop off as well and filled a long flat trailer in front of business with a sign that said free food. All fresh veggies, that probably froze last night.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  16. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow nice. Change the battery yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, have not had a single mechanical problem with it, just change out oil and fluids. 2 sets of tires so far.

Westfinger likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Watched the moon set over the hardwood stand on the ridge behind me while watching the sun rise thru the pines on the other side of the lake. Kinda puts things in perspective take the time to enjoy watching the things you can rely on like a sunrise.

19. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My lady and I are in Turks and Caicos, our favorite place to relax on the beach, decompress, have some drinks and amazing food. We want to live here part time in the near future. We've both been though our fair share of ****, but busted our asses to get where we are in life. It doesn't get any better imo. Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go to the shelter down from Beaches and talk one of the island dogs for a walk.

Westfinger and Ridgerunner3 like this.