Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    looks great bone head, mine begin to process next wednesday cant wait

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Niece gave birth to a healthy baby girl yesterday evening. I'm a great uncle again. Lol. Her and her husband are fantastic parents, they have a 5 yo son, and amazing humans in general. Happy for them.

Suncrest08, MUDSHARK, Fix and 8 others like this.
  3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know i e posted a few times about the new job but This is my last week at my current job. Ironically this friday is Friday the 13th. And also my 20 year anniversary here to the day. The other guy i work with is going with me to Tyson foods. I feel bad in a way for the other guys i work with because they will be royally screwed here but when you work your key people to death for years and dont listen when they are screaming for help and telling you what they need to be a successful department and you ignore them knowing that they are work horses and they will kill themselves because they were born to work, well eventually the old work horses get tired. And they find a place that appreciates what they can bring to the table. I cant wait to start next monday. Ill be getting about a 12% raise, i get to make my own schedule, 5k sign on bonus, 15 miles from my house instead of 40. No Brainer!!!

Wop 75, kyner, Westfinger and 7 others like this.
  4. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    My direct supervisor knows this and sent me this. He understands and he is not the problem. As usual its upper management

6D5D93E2-6816-46E4-9B5A-CE27ABB7BDAF.jpeg

5. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I lived that senario for for way longer than I should have. I was always thinking somehow they would see how loyality and a passion to do anything correctly made me worth more. It did.. so much so they wouldn't advance me for fear of making themselves look bad if I wasn't making them shine!

TJF and Shocker99 like this.
  6. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

First line, oh yeah!

Even my boss comes to me for answers.

That is going to change some time this year. Hopefully, will get RIFed out in a couple months. Once a replacement is found for one of my duties, it will be about 6 weeks out.

If they don't cut me loose, it will be end of Sept or Oct. I just need to find out the end date of my retention contract.

TJF and Shocker99 like this.
  7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    They dont know what they have until they are asking questions and no body is there to save them.

TJF likes this.
  8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We work in slightly different parts of our system so i know things he doesn't. I know he is mostly filling a knowledge gap.

Others are just plain lazy a@@holes!!! The worst offenders have been cut off and it feels good to tell them the do the work themselves.

Shocker99 and TJF like this.
  9. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What is with the uproar over eggs? I told the wife to pick up a dozen on the way home. $3 a dozen farm direct.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see much of a price hike here in MO. And we eat a good amount of eggs.

12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Think the wife paid darn near $7 for an 18 cartoon.

13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cold rain all day, deer shanks in the slow cooker, my daughter walks in and says "Mmm, something smells good, whatcha cooking?"

cantexian, TJF, Fix and 1 other person like this.
  14. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Well, some news on this front. A replacement has been found for my remaining duties. And its pretty funny that the person who trained me when I was originally hired is now going to be my trainee for these duties.

My 2023 "rutcation" may be starting very early this year!

Bone Head Hunter and TJF like this.
  15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When completed 20230126_123134.jpg 20230126_122913.jpg 20230126_122900.jpg 20230126_122839.jpg it's a thing of beauty in my eyes...until the next storm.

cantexian, JeffC and TJF like this.
  16. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw the surgeon for the last follow up. Said everything really looked good. Said I could go back to work in 2 weeks. No restriction on hours but avoid lifting anything over 50 lbs. As of now I can go back to taking care of the horse but don't over do it. Also recommended, I get out and start walking to gain back some muscle from laying around for 4 weeks before I get back to work. I also can run the snowblower, but make it do the work.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So today was a good day no hip operation yet. Have 3 months of 3 times a week of adjustments, traction, ultrasonic treatments, PT with a trainer and massage, deal with spinal subluxation first because the hip will rotate to normal perhaps avoiding full replacement. I intend to get my $ worth I will listen to the trainer and do my homework, and push.

I was an idiot when I worked fire kept RX drugs in my pack to deal with the pain, it was in the era before oxy when they gave drugs away more freely.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    oldnotdead, virginiashadow and TJF like this.
  18. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent news.
    Just for a mild workout, I'll come out, we can go shoot some coyotes and if you don't have any, I'll supply the snowshoes for you to do the retrieving?
    Most coyotes are in that 20_30lb range.
    We'll have you up n running in no time.
    No therapy needed.:moose:

TJF likes this.
  19. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The surgeon knows I like to look for deer antlers. We have a lot of snow this year. He stressed the point of me not trudging through deep snow yet. I've got a feeling even with snowshoes, it would be a bigger workout than I am supposed to do. :lol: I've got Tyler for trudging through the deep snow. I'll take the packed easy spots where the deer mill around. That is where most of the sheds are anyways.

We've got a lot of coyotes in ND. All our back roads are buried in snow since most are only maintained spring through fall in my area. Unless you have something on tracks, you won't get to 90% of the coyotes. The ones that live close to the graded roads are pretty gun shy. Good luck trying to call them in.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Scored on E-Bay, I have been looking at a ski tow bar for the go fast boat, the ideal one is rather expensive over 20% what I paid for the boat motor and trailer. Found one used on e-bay for half price. Getting excited for spring finish putting the new flooring down and install the new seats. 40 year old boat looking good as new.