Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guessing you may want something around 3.5 or 5 to 10-15 zoom; 40mm+ objective (personally, I like 50+ for low light)...

Pricey - Buy once cry once category
    Swaro - if $ is no n object.

Zeiss conquest have some great glass, the V4 is older than the v6, worth checking out and the V4 may be easier on the wallet...

NightForce are some durable scopes with good quality and they aren't real cheap either

More budget friendly

Leopold vx line offers a lot to choose from, readily available.
    Vortex I'd look at the viper or razor lines over the diamondback, if budget permits. Great warrantee.
    Maven may also be worth a look, but they are correct to consumer, if I recall...

2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have a few Vortex scopes (.22, 220 slug gun, muzzleloader, .270) and have been real happy with them all.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Vortex Diamondback would be more than sufficient for those purposes.

4. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Being part of the bowhunting community and more specifically this forum and the community that it is on its own. The folks on here willing to help others out is amazing and I don't just mean advice and opinions. Sometimes it is just humbling. Glad I can be a part of it.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lower light and when zoomed (distance up to 500yd) opportunities are where the viper or razor (& I think they have another new high end line(s)... Eagle maybe), have the edge on the diamondback.

If budget is a concern, the warranty from Vortex alone, is a good reason to look at the Diamondback or Crossfire lines...

cantexian likes this.
  6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Getting to spoil grandson on vacation.
    IMG_6741.jpg

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Always and forever....

20221011_210524.jpg 5

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Youngest finally worked her way onto a good travel soccer team here in StL. She continues to amaze me with her resilience. She ain't the most graceful soccer player yet but it's very hard to out work her.

9. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Must run in the family, as you are always working on finding spots to hunt, and working on finding buck beds.

JeffC and virginiashadow like this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To both the bolded:

The first one was I purchased a year plan from Straight Talk AT&T, well at some point Verizon bought them and was making all of their customers switch. If you had an AT&T network only phone you either had to try amd get it unlocked or buy a new phone. I ended up disputing it that I signed a contract with AT&T and it was null and void when Verizon took over. Disputed a pro rated amount as I did have a fee months of service with AT&T which I received. $511.64

Second one was without a phone for over a month so went ahead and purchased a Cricket plan and was going to port my number to a new service, but Straight Talk could only verify my account via text message to the number I know longer had a phone for. I gave up and asled Criclet for a new number which they kept trying but could not do on that purchase and would not refund the money as I had already passed a 7 day window for return while waiting at their request to get it resolved. Disputed that purchase and bought a new service with new number. They originally ruled in Crickets favor unless I had further proof. I redisputed it sending them both purchases, screenshots of one being active and one not being able to beactivated, plus a chat transcript from an hour long chat that proved my case.

Both finally ruled in my favor, but I did nit end uo getting to keep my number.

Screenshot_20221015-033639_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-033329_Citi Mobile.jpg

JeffC likes this.
  11. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good neighbors by the farm. Last spring was brutal with the late planting season and no help. One of the neighbors brought his drill to the farm when he got done with his planting. He then ran it to help us get our planting done. It was a life saver as the seeding deadlines were fast approaching and it was getting late. The boss was able to concentrate on keeping pinto bean seed coming to me so I could finish planting that.

3 days ago, we got to pay him back. He had a wet field of canola that he had to take off with the snow coming. He could not find anyone to dry it since canola is not a friendly crop to dry. He called the boss then and asked if we could do it. Boss said yes. We pulled the old batch dryer out of the weeds. Haven't used it for 6 years but it ran great after a grease job and hooking it up to the propane tank. It works well for crops like millet, mustard and canola where our big stationary dryers don't at all.

Took 2 days to dry 220,000 lbs of canola through it. The neighbor was really happy. We were happy to help him out.

311875083_6490630900963844_4179954853799405363_n.jpg

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes a picture just feels right. Man this is Appalachian States baseball stadium. Incredible.

Screenshot_20221016-090538_Instagram.jpg

13. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of Boone till my son's girlfriend went there for grad school, she sends me pictures of some nice sized bears and turkeys that wander thru their yard. She lives on one of those hills above town.

virginiashadow likes this.
  14. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is beautiful!

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mrs is going to Colorado to pick up rocks thursday am back on Sunday boat floor finished by then.

16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If she wasn't flying, she could bring you back some stuff....to make you think less of your hip pain....

virginiashadow likes this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just checked the freezer, will be making 25lbs of jerky this coming week. Have another batch of seasoning/cure for 15 more so may end up making 40lbs by the time it is over.

cantexian, Sota, TJF and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Driving and only bringing 1 friend evidently big load 1 is 48" and 3 rocks in total.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was in Colorado two times fly with it nobody looks.

20. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice.

It's legal in MI but not WI. A guy went to the smoke shop in MI, made his purchase and got pulled over for speeding when he crossed back into WI.

Stuff was sitting on the drivers seat.

BUSTED