Best things in life

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd start off a little smaller.......... Finger Paint. Then maybe some cymbals or a drum set.

Congrats!

Sota likes this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    @Sota Open a 529 account. We did for both of our children and it will help a ton in a few months when the first one leaves.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had spam and rice sliders at the tiki bar over looking the ocean last night, I do not now how they do it but Hawaiians can make spam taste so much better than mom made.

4. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Roman candles and bottle rockets. Get him a couple of those folding military shovels too, being able to dig foxholes and trenches will give his side a big advantage in a Roman candle war.

Sota likes this.
  5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :jaw: barf

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I had it for lunch again on the way out of town.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Less than 10 minutes till dark my son took a doe, mission accomplished. Went from bitter to happy with one shot.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to Montana this evening for work. Kind of excited, granted eastern Montana in November is not that alluring but it marks the occasion that Montana is the last state that I have not been to. I can now say I have been in all 50 states.

virginiashadow, dprsdhunter and Fix like this.
  9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mule Deer Rut is at its peak right now and tags are OTC. Get after it!

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I land at 8:45 tonight fly out at 5:52 am Wednesday morning. Maybe I can hit one with the rental car.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cooking dinner tonight and I see my two girls cuddling on the couch. 17 yr old is having a rough day and the 11 yr old is very empathetic. Makes me very happy.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cut up my son's deer today I think I may enjoy cutting the meat off and cooking it more than hunting it. Had some damn good medallions for dinner off a week aged deer.

Okiebob likes this.
  13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a doe yesterday, didnt post bc I skull capped her at 120 yards with the 7mag pushing a 164gr. HPBT, kinda gory but if I'm gun hunting I dont waste any meat. Any who, I live in a historic neighborhood within the "Arts District" of OKC with a bunch of hippies and hipsters for neighbors. Last night a couple of them spotted me breaking the doe down in the back of the driveway and of course called my wife to complain. One said I had a lot of nerve to do something so gruesome, the wife responded with "Funny, he feels the same about any dish you bring to a block party and the condition of your landscaping." I love my wife, even if she is kind of a vegetarian she understands and respects my practices. And on a side note the traditional venison hot links are going to turn out nice!

14. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, 7 rem mag to the face never makes for a pretty trophy photo.

I had two vegans for roomates a couple years back. By the end of the first year they were big venison fans, even tried the heart and liked it. Also had them eating squirrel and groundhog and most types of waterfowl. They had become vegans due to the so called "ethics" and animal welfare issues of factory farms, etc.. not because they thought killing animals was inherently wrong so wild game meat kind of fit with their mindset. One of them even helped me clean and process a deer, although he did draw the line at going shoulder deep into the body cavity to cut the esophaguses and airway. Still trying to convince them to let me take them hunting. I could probably get them to do it on a whim but its a lot harder to sell it when you have to plan ahead and go take the hunters safety, etc to get a license. It would be a lot easier if NC would allow adults to use the apprentice hunter license (basically a one-time cheap license and set of tags you can get without taking the hunters safety that lets you hunt as long as you are accompanied by another licensed hunter) instead of limiting it to under 18, then I could just call them up and say "c'mon, lets go hunting this weekend, get your first deer, etc". I know they would enjoy it once they saw that the killing really only makes up one of the smallest parts of the whole experience.

Okiebob likes this.
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a girlfriend in college like that. Took her back home one weekend to meet my dad. Standing in his butcher shop out at the farm she starts to look around and finally realizes where she is.. she kinda had that same respect for hunters and people that raised their own livestock but the look on her face when she put 2 and 2 together was priceless, well that and when she got a belly full of my dads homemade wine aka panty dropper, good times.

Sota likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dropped off the meat scraps this morning, 4-5 weeks I will have pepper jack sticks and venison bacon. McDonalds meats in Clear Lake one of the best places in the state to get stuff made with venison.

jonderrs7 likes this.
  17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Traffic was too heavy to get a picture, but I saw the best anti-tailgating bumper sticker during the commute this morning, "Back Off, I am about to fart!" Driven by a sweet-looking grandma.

18. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hawai'i is the biggest market for Spam.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I beg to differ Saipan while a smaller island has half an isle in every grocery store with more flavors of spam than you have ever heard of. I understand that WW2 is the reason why spam is so enjoyed on the islands of the Pacific.

20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's bitter sweet, but truck is clean again and bow and guns have had preventative maintenance and have been put away for the season. I killed a bunch of Doe and 1 of the 2 Cull bucks I was after. Saw 3 of the 4 shooters I was looking for, all of which have made it another year. If the levey holds boys I'll see you next year. Until then it's..... Family, shed season, property maintenance, turkey season, planting season then $hit talking season and before you know it I'll be back in a tree. This forum really does make each season better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk