best software for editing and creating movies?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by selfbros, Nov 28, 2016.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My brother like Sony's Movie Studio 13. I'm not impressed by the reviews of this software. I've been told the Adobe video editing software was good. What I'm hoping to accomplish is taking all the videos and pictures from our 10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii and make a DVD for my wife. I would like to add music to the videos.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, Adobe Premier Pro is outstanding, but pretty pricey. Another option you can look at is the Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve. I have used it a bit and it is pretty powerful, and FREE.

Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was using just MS Movie Maker for a while. It's OK for basic stuff, but recently upgraded to Adobe Premier Elements and it's got everything I need for basic hunting and outdoors videos. I've been very happy with it and plan to use that for everything moving forward.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love Adobe. I use 90% of their software products so the Creative Cloud makes sense for me and is well worth the investment. If I was starting from scratch and just wanted to edit an occasional video, I'd probably go with DaVinci Resolve.