Best scrape dripper?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ShaneB22, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is the Tinks scrape dripper better than the Wildlife Research Center dripper? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to them? There are not many bucks on the property I hunt and I think that a dripper would give me a chance at seeing one during daylight.

2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tink's drops the liquid way too quickly for my liking. I would take the wildlife research dripper over it any day. The less you need to get in there to fill it, the better.

You can always customize the tinks to have the same coiled tube as the wildlife research.

3. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    What about the scents, is one better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

4. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't found anything that works better than others I guess. When I make a mock scrape, I use buck fever synthetics forehead gland on the licking branch and pee in the scrape.

5. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    What scent should I use at the beginning of the season? I know that Tinks has a power scrape mock scrape starter but are there any other scents that would work as well?

6. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    I've only ever used tinks power scrape and my own pee. After seeing results and hearing many guys on here, I wont waste my money on anything on the ground in the scrapes anymore.

There are a few different types of "dirt" you can mix in or find a natural scrape and collect that dirt to mix in with the scrape you're making or hanging dripper over but try not to contaminate the soil too much.