Best DIY bed liner product (actually using it on lower body panels)

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by OHbowhntr, Apr 23, 2015.

1. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to decide which product to use, looking for advice, recommendations, testimonials on what works/looks good/was easy to apply.

I've looked closely at a product called Liner Xtreme ( Welcome to Liner Xtreeme ) which looks pretty cool, but still trying to make a decision.

Any input???

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cole(iHunt) did this to his truck, maybe he will chime in when he is done waxing his girl stache.

3. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dragging this up from the grave, just saw the post since I haven't been on here in forever.

If you are still looking at doing the bedliner, do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from Keystone bedliner. I put 3 layers on my truck (GMC Sierra) from the body line on the door down, sanded and wiped down with acetone before and between coats, and it flakes off every time I drive it. It looked great when I put it on, somewhat smooth, kind of like an orange peel texture but more pronounced. Once there is one chip in it, it will flake like crazy.

I used Herculiner in the bed of the truck, and it has held up MUCH better. Doesn't look quite as good as the Keystone did, but it has held up to a couple years of construction work and wood hauling so far.

My neighbor actually bedlined his entire late 80s Suburban with a bedliner called Monstaline, and it looks great and has held up as far as I know. You can get different colors, as well as a UV resistant additive to put in while mixing.