Best Cameras for Cold Weather

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Hotrod9, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I have been running Cuddeback IR's and a Moultire M-80. I am happy with these cameras but they are getting to the point they need to be cycled out because of how old they are. I'm in central Minnesota so cold weather is a big factor. I'm not in need of something that is wireless capable but open to pretty much anything. Looking to purchase 5-10 cameras at one time.

here is my wishlist but not in any particular order

1. battery life
    2. good quality pictures/speed
    3. ease of use

Thanks!

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The one that quickly came to mind would be the Browning extreme or Reconyx cams. Reconyx newer models have come down in price with a 5 year warranty second to none.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. I have 2 stealth cam px14 fx I got as a 2 pack, im sure im missing photos.. its -15 Celsius here right now, and based on the feed and footprints I know they aren't capturing everything.. frustrating, also I have a better quality browning strike force hd pro and it also seams to slow way down in the cold weather..

Hotrod9 likes this.
  4. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Moultrie W40i cameras. I have not had any issues with them not taking pictures in the cold. All 12 that I use are coming up on two years old have been out 8 months of each year and have taken thousands of pictures.

You will not be disappointed buying them from EBay is best. I live in Wisconsin so I experience the same cold nasty weather you do.

Hotrod9 likes this.