Best blind for crossbow hunting for a child

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JHasty, May 26, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out last year and got my daughter a crossbow because the last few years she has wanted to go bow hunting with me. She will be 7 around the time hunting season comes in and has shown interest in being in the woods whenever I am. She goes out with me to check trail cameras and fill feeders so I want to keep her interested in the outdoors. I am trying to get some opinions on ground blinds that would be good for her to shoot a crossbow out of. I will be buying a Caldwell dead shot field pod for the crossbow to rest on so she isn't free handing it. My concern is for her to to be able to shoot out of the windows. I am looking for a blind that the window configuration will go low enough for her to be sitting in a chair and still be able to shoot out of the windows without having to worry about the bolt hitting the blind. Thanks in advance for any advise you guys can give me!

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think your best approach would be a decent priced blind and then find the chair that would fit.
    No matter what continue to do whatever you need to, to get her hunting. Kudos man and keep it up. My girls hunting with me is the best part of hunting by far.

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advise Fix. I def enjoy the time with her when she wants to go. I was looking at the Barnett Big Ox blinds. They are on the more expensive side but from everything I have read the fabric is super durable and I have looked at some online and I like the window configuration and how you can open or close them depending on what you need. The only problem is I haven't been able to find anyone who had used them and I always get nervous dropping a bunch of cash on something without getting some real reviews from fellow hunters because we all know according to the celebs in the industry whatever they use is the best thing ever and no one can out do them so I never put much weight into those kind of reviews.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The HME 3 Person Blind is a great blind and very roomy. easy to setup and it has slide windows for quiet opening and closing.

JHasty likes this.