"Bellys Up" Team 24

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by cml5895, Aug 14, 2017.

1. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    27drawNy- Checked In

AAA- Checked In

Captn Kirk- Checked In

Cml5895- Checked In

Evilstuff- Checked In

Illinibowhunter- Checked In

joe_bow

mathews1995- Checked In

Mo_bowhnter- Checked In

Mylsuhat- Checked In

Nealmccullough- Checked In

Vanfossen- Checked In

Since I didn't see a team thread started yet, I figured I'd get one started. Check in so we know if we need an alternate or not. Let's here where you're from and how your season looks so far!

I'm from WNY and as always in the summer, I'm very optimist. We will see how that changes once the velvet sheds. I'll be heading to SD for ten days at the end of September, then its back to New York till through December.

Collin

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    checking in!

pumped for the season

I am from Louisiana and predominately hunt in Mississippi, but I also hunt in LA, IL, and OK.

I will be hunting a little lease we picked up last year in western Oklahoma from 10/1-10/8 and then in Illinois from 11/5-11/11.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all
    checking in. I am in central Viginia suburban hunting. Heading to Az for velvet mule deer in a few weeks setting stands this weekend in VA:nana:

4. 27drawNY

27drawNY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in and also from WNY... My name is Mark... I'm hunting on private land(60 acres) and state land in the southern tier of NY...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  5. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!
    Name is Kyle, and I'm from Michigan. Mainly hunt our family farm, but also have access to 2 other properties. Here are the 2 main bucks my father in law and I are after. Hope they stick around past the first weekend of October, as I will be Starting the season late due to taking the family to Disney
    [​IMG]

27drawNY and cml5895 like this.
  6. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Here's a pair that hang together every year in the summer. This makes it their 4th together. Would love to put my tag on either.

vanfossen, mylsuhat and 27drawNY like this.
  7. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Illinibowhunter checking in! Looking forward to another fantastic year of deer hunting.

As you can guess I'm from Illinois. I am very fortunate to have access to hunt four different properties in four different counties in Illinois.

I need to get some cameras out to start seeing what is moving around. I am going to try and focus on filming my hunts this year. So we will see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. 27drawNY

27drawNY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm crossing my fingers... About to head out to the woods to check cameras... I'm currently watching what I believe is a three year old buck... I have had two velvet spikes on camera but not the bigger guy... I seen him last month while walking out there... First had him walk 20 yards behind my stand last year... I took a larger 8 during rifle that I was after during bow and only got a doe during bow last year... I've never measured a buck before... Only the weight of the meat... Every year I seem to raise my bar... Only thing that doesn't change is filling the freezer...

9. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Scoring is easy and a lot of guys on here can help you figure it out! I also am mainly a meat hunter because it saves me a ton of money when I'm at school. Venison for dinner almost every night! I was able to kill a nice 10 point last year with my bow and a nice 8 with my gun. Hoping for a similar season!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

27drawNY likes this.
  10. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, mainly a meat hunter here as well. Last year I was skunked during Bow season, and only took a doe late in our shotgun season. I could have taken small 6 or smaller bucks, but I've been trying to pass and hope they make it through the season. Our woods in small, and surrounded by AG fields, so we are more or less a pass through. But every year we see a lot of deer.

27drawNY likes this.
  11. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. I wanted to stop by and let you know that Mathews1995 has been busy with work and he is aware that teams have been picked and he will check in as soon as he can.

12. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Couple other random questions. Can each person give a little info about themselves so we can to know one another..

My name is Justin and I'm 32. I'm married to my beautiful wife of four years and have a 2.5 yr old son named Trapper. My wife is expecting and is due in February.

I am a Marketing and Member Services Manager for a large electric cooperative as well as an EMT and typically am on calls nights and weekends.

I've been hunting since I was a small child. Shot my first deer when I was 11 with my dad's Remington 870. Started bowhunting when I was 17. Took me three years to get my first deer with my bow. Been hooked ever since.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and be part of your hunting season this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

cml5895 likes this.
  13. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like that idea. Like I said earlier, my name is Collin and I'm 22. I'm headed into my senior year of college. I'll be graduating in the spring with a Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering degree.

I have hunted and fished as long as I've been able to tag along with my dad. I spend most of my week days at school which is 2 hours away from home, but almost always make my commute back home for the weekends (for hunting and my girlfriend). I like to brag about her because she has turned into a great hunter the past four years we've been together. Here's a buck she killed last season.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to get advice from you guys as we get closer to and into the season! I'll attach some pictures of some of my recent successful hunts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mylsuhat and illinibowhunter like this.
  14. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Kyle. I'm 29, married to my wife of 9 years and we have 2 little girls. Riley who turned 6 today, and kenzie who is 4. I'm a quality supervisor for my parents family business.

I've been hunting for only 11 years now. When I was younger, i played soccer 24/7 so that left no time for anything extra. Since the wife and I got engaged, I've been hunting her grandparents farm with her dad.

We are hoping to head to the farm this weekend to check mineral sites and cameras.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi All
    Kirk here 60 yrs old Mathews Chill R 70 lbs @ 28 inches 420 grain Easton Hexx and a NAP Killzone at 289. Married and the kids successfully driven out on their own Originally from NW PA hunted from 12 years old mostly deer and ducks bow and gun. last 12 years I'm in Fredericksburg VA. I mostly hunt my 24 acres and some public land or military base. Gave all my guns to my son and spend all season bow only
    I have not seen a shooter buck on my place yet but they will come as I see doe every day. I will take one or two doe and hold out for a good buck of at least 6 or bigger. VA lets you take 6 deer.Had a good season last year seeing deer had 15 spikes or 4 pt within 20 yards and let them walk by QDMA. Heading to AZ for velvet mule deer August 24 unit 7 untill September 8 then back to VA for the opener October 7. Goodluck to the team

16. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Ryan, I'm 28 years old and from South Louisiana.

I am a petroleum engineer with a degree from LSU.

I have been going hunting with my father since I was 3 years old. I would climb into the box stand while he was right behind me make sure I made it in, then I usually proceeded to sleep on the flood but there was no way he was leaving the house without me. I killed my first deer at 7 years old with a .243 (Remington Model 7). My first bow kill was 5 years ago, I grew up deer hunting with a rifle and duck hunting a lot. Since then I have transitioned to mainly bowhunting.

This will be my 3rd year self filming my hunts. A buddy of mine, Jonathon, and I started doing it on a whim and we are enjoying the process. You can check out some of our stuff at bontempsoutdoors.com

I am also associated with Louisiana Bowhunter trying to help spread archery in Louisiana.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

illinibowhunter likes this.
  17. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We're also going to need a team name if anyone has any good ideas

illinibowhunter likes this.
  18. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    mylsuhat likes this.
  19. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's actually 2 independent brows both connected to the main beam, the don't start from the same place. It's crazy. I love it!

20. 27drawNY

27drawNY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Mark... I'm 40... Almost finished with my divorce... I have 5 kids... I'm a State employee for NY... I've been fishing longer than my memory serves... Been shooting since I was about 8... Started hunting at 16 with My father and brother... My father stopped hunting when I was in the USMC due to health but I picked it right back up when I got out... My brothers and I got him back out last year... I bought a bow back in 03 and taught myself to shoot it... Self taught Turkey hunter too...