Beastmode Bowhunters - Team 23

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by fishsoft92, Aug 18, 2014.

1. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I hate to say I hate it.....but I do. Definitely makes me miss VA some kinda terrible.

2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welp, heading out here in a few hours for the Indiana opener. Worked this morning - playing golf at the Brickyard tomorrow morning. Two PM hunts (today and tomorrow) before what is shaping up to be an awesome weekend of hunting.

Going to hunt a really nice pinch point about 80 yards wide in total with a tree stand dead in the middle. One side is a lake and the other is a large creek. Nice bean field to the north and another crop field (although not on my property) to the south. Hope to catch a big guy working his way one way or another.

3. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 4 yesterday evening. 3pt cowhorn came in at 15yds. Before him had a doe and 2 fawns come out. I would've shot the doe, and was about to, but as I was getting the cameras ready I noticed the fawns still had some spots on em so I let her go. Sitting back in the same spot tonight hoping for a lone doe or the buck I call Rey Mysterio (bc he's mysterious and I have no idea where he came from haha) he's been out bumpin does here this week, so we will see.

Side note I saw Ab 20 turkeys last night anyone wanting an Osceola hunt this spring lemme know...I'm thinkin Ab selling some hunts lol

4. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That would be neat

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

5. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm headed out right now where the big boy lives.

6. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    I'm out tonight a Lil warm but cloudy it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow so it should be a good night ...hung out a dripper and made a mock scrape so we will see

7. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When is the story coming from the doe shot today?:) worked all day today so couldnt make it out. Tom afternoon will be first time out

8. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got my bow re-sighted out to 40. 30 yard group is about 4", even with new gear. I should be ready for this weekend.

9. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    go get em guys. Stuck at work today and tomorro...back out saturday morning to try again. good luck yall!

10. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice evening tonight in iowa. Rained all day and stopped around 4. Starting to cool off with cold front moving in. Seen 3 does so far

11. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Skunked tonight ..back at it tomorrow

12. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great hunt this morning, 35 degrees, rattled in a nice 3.5yo 8pt and a 1.5yo 8pt, I have lots of pictures from last year and this year of the 3yo, and maybe even from 2 years ago. I'm guessing he will score around 130". Passed him up at 35. Also almost got a shot at a doe but either she was broadside in the clearing but I couldn't get the camera on her or vise versa. Best hunt in probably 3-4 weeks. I'll be after it again tonight, going to try to get a doe.

I just checked 3 cameras and there is a lot of fighting or sparing going on. Cool pics too. Mostly at night.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  13. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Man I would think it would be to early for rattling to work

14. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had deer sparring down here for a couple weeks now. Young bucks are hammering scrapes....big boys have just separated themselves from everyone else

15. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    My dad heard 2 big bucks fighting tonight. He has rattled quite a few likes this time of year that past 40 years and it works just about as good as during the rut here.

16. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a nice hunt yesterday afternoon. This cold weather has them on their feet. Slipped my Jon boat in the water and fought the 15 mph wind across to a narrow hardwood ridge between 2 cypress filled sloughs. Hung my stand about 20 feet up in a big hickory. I was about 15 yards on the downwind side of the main trail. Squirrels were hulling nuts everywhere and there was a lot of noise and movement from the wind. I faced north expecting deer to be coming towards the cornfield to the south. Sure enough, around 4:00 a mature doe and yearling came feeding along the trail. I purposely came in in a big loop on the downwind side so anything coming down the trail wouldn't get my scent. The big doe came on and then unexpectedly veered off the trail and started feeding towards my entrance trail. She was inside 15 yards and I was caught sitting with a shot on my off side. When she got to a tree I had paused at earlier she stiffened slightly and started that nose up slow walk in a little circle trying to find me. After a few moments she seemed to relax and started feeding. When she turned away I took the opportunity to turn in my millenium m-100 and wait for a good shot. I didn't have to wait long. She was soon broadside at 20 yards and my lighted nock disappeared about 8 inches behind her right shoulder. She tore out the way she had come with her head getting lower as she went. She went out of sight in a paw paw thicket and it sounded like she piled up right there. I waited for 2 hours and with a little light left climbed down and packed up. When I went to pick up my arrow I nearly stepped on a big swamp rabbit. It looked as big a coon. Anyway, the doe was piled up right where I thought and the best part was she ran right to the boat. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats bud

18. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer!!

19. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    not to be nit picky, but the entries for the contest need an update. .09, you need a second picture with you, bow, and deer. KY, you need time and date.

20. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Yes when we do shoot deer we should do it right and get the points for them!