Bear Cruzer vs Bear Wild? Need answer ASAP please!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WestonDrakeSanborn, May 31, 2017.

1. WestonDrakeSanborn

WestonDrakeSanborn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am totally new to compound bows, only shot them twice in my life, I am a 5'6 140 pound male and I am leaning towards the wild BUT the draw length and 60-70 pound pull scares me as I have short and not the strongest arms but I prefer the Wild package over the Cruzer but the Cruzer is more adjustable and better for shorter people it seems like me. I will be hunting everything from Turkey to Elk, is the 80 percent let off of the Wild that big of a difference of 75 percent let off of the Cruzer? Also the Cruzer is half a pound lighter.

Both are on sale at my local store for $320 down from $400 and the sale is only going on until tomorrow. The Wild is 60-70 pounds and the Cruze is fully adujustable. The Wild is the 2017 version, do not know what year the Cruzer is.

Thank you in advance.

2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your best bet would be to try them out and see which one feels the best, I know this isnt always possible, but see if you can shoot them before you buy.

Hopefully others here will list some fine bows for the price you mentioned. If you don't mind used,You could probably get a used Mathews for around $400. Bows seem to lose value quickly. Even if they function just as well as the day they were manufactured.

3. WestonDrakeSanborn

WestonDrakeSanborn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks, yea shooting is not an option currently:/ thanks for the advice though.

4. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With your size I would say limbs that only go to 60lbs may be a little too much to comfortably shoot. Especially when hunting in cold weather and sitting all the time.

I see on cabelas that the cruzer is on sale for 299 I don't know if its the same package or not.
    If you are dead set on getting a Bear I would go with the cruzer shoot it for 2 years save your money and when you get a little bigger buy a mid to higher range bow.
    If you are not dead set on a Bear another option is The pse fever that is fully adjustable as well. I just bought one for my niece and I shot it and it is a hell of a bow for the price I think I spent 375 for the package I really like the bow and I wouldn't hesitate to use it to hunt with if that's what my budget was for a bow

Other options are Diamond Infinity edge or Mission Craze those are both highly adjustable as well.

5. WestonDrakeSanborn

WestonDrakeSanborn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thank you! I am torn between the bear cruzer and the infinite edge pro. any suggestions out of those two?

6. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am also 5' 6" at about 145 and I dont have a problem pulling back 70lbs. But if you are concerned about it then go with the cruzer start from 50lb and practice alot and crank it down when it becomes easy to pull it back. Eventually you will be able to pull back 70lb with no problem remember the human body is amazing.

7. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.lancasterarchery.com/blog/how-to-know-if-your-bows-draw-weight-is-too-heavy/

I think this chart is a pretty good reference to what a beginner should start at
    If you are drawing over weight your accuracy is going to go down you are going to get fatigued during practice and your form is going to suffer picking up bad habits. People tend to want to pull over their weight all the time

65-75#: Large Frame Men (180+ lbs.)
    55-65#: Med. Frame Men (150-180 lbs.)
    45-55#: Large Frame Women (160+ lbs.)
    45-55#: Small Frame Men (120-150 lbs.)
    40-50#: Athletic Older Boys (130-150 lbs.)
    30-40#: Med. Frame Women (130-160 lbs.)
    25-35#: Small Frame Women (100-130 lbs.)
    25-35#: Larger Child (100-130 lbs.)
    15-25#: Small Child (70-100 lbs.)

I have to laugh when guys next to me have to shoot the moon to draw back or pull down their waist or bring in their bow hand to get more leverage you should be able to hold your bow straight in front of you and easily pull back all day.
    drawweight4.jpg
    Just my 2 cents

8. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All this extra movement might cost you a shot

9. doublea17

doublea17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would go with the Cruzer my nephew and I both own one. I got it because of the price and I was getting back into shooting bows/hunting and didn't want to spend a lot in case my shoulder wouldn't hold up (2 rotator cuff operations) so far no problems started at 50lb up to 60lb and comfortable with that poundage. Just my 2 cents, oh yeah I'm not tall 5'5 but WAS a power lifter I weigh 175

10. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I am saying
    you should be able to hold the bow straight out in front of you and slowly pull it back

11. Billybob619

Billybob619 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The bear cruiser comes with better accessories than the diamonds do so that is my 2 cents. Plus the new cruzer G2 is even better than the original

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

12. Tony.Loney

Tony.Loney Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You do not need to shoot 70 lb . Start off with a bow that will not be hard to draw. And PSE makes some nice bows in that price range.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums