Bama is WEAK....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by frenchbritt123, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BFD, the only stat that matters at the end of the game is the score. For all the great things OSU did in the game, they still had to hold on in a one score game. I'd be proud as a peacock if it was my team winning a game like that too. OSU put it to Alabama last night and that's all the matters, but I still would bet money on bama if they played again.

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Correct and Bama scored less, and would again.

OSU > BAMA

It's over for Bama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OSU outplayed Bama pure and simple. I think that they wanted it more. I have felt all year that Bama's pass defense was suspect, go back to the WVU game at the first of the year. The amazing thing that OSU did was they ran the ball effectively negating a perceived strength of the Bama defense. Not an OSU fan but my hat is off to them for what they did, 3rd string quarterback, run the ball effectively and most importantly the 3rd down defense. When they needed a stop they usually got it. That being said I don't know if OSU can hang with Oregon which looked awful tough against FSU.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The great Woody Hays said statistics mean nothing to the man who drowns in a river that has an average depth of 3 feet. Score at the end of the game is all that matters.

5. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought this playoff deal was supposed to end this kind of discussion. If it weren't for that game we would be hearing over and over, "No way can Ohio State beat Alabama."

So can Ohio State beat Alabama? They can and did. Alabama players and coaches will be watching the championship game on TV.

Can Ohio State beat Oregon? Can Oregon beat Ohio State? We'll find out for sure on the 12th.

6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The playoff system is already working. Now they just need to add several teams to it and have an awesome playoffs with a true champ in the end.

7. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's with all the hypothetical? If this if that...... If Bama ran back 3 kickoffs for a touchdown it would've been different. If OSU blocked 4 punts it would've been different. I don't get it. It was settled convincingly on the field. You dont get a redo.

8. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Third Down Conversions was the story of that game... Couldn't stop OSU to save their lives... Bama's defense has given up huge numbers all year really. They just shine in red zone D.

OSU showed up to play. I tend to agree that Bama wins a 7 game series still, but thats the beauty of college football. It doesn't matter.

It is super comical to me that for a decade now B1G fans have been ragging SEC fans for cheering on a conference... now this year the B1G finally does well in bowls and that's all you hear about.

Ducks by 90.

9. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda hard to take a converted Kentucky to Alabama fan serious trying to rag on my team. Pick a program... Stick with them.

BTW. What happened to our resident Bama fan?

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a converted fan by any means. I never even followed college football until I moved to Alabama for the past four years. I certainly cheer for Alabama but if they play UK I hope Kentucky beats them (haha).

I actually wasn't even ragging on OSU. They have a great squad this year. I feel they beat a superior team, which many would agree with.

I still hope Oregon wins by 90 though, because I hate OSU lol.

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Michaelp, U Mad?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  12. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess he only comes around when the Tide is in, not when its out.