Baited Hunts

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by LilSiman/OH, Jul 22, 2011.

1. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while but I guess I was a little full of my self! Any kind of hunting has its challenges and killing an animal means overcoming those challenges and succeeding in what your trying to do. But personally I'd rather do a spot and stalk! And whoever made the post about fishing I guess I kinda ****** my self because I fish for trout In PA and that state stocks the most trout in the whole country! So it's not realy fishing you could say. But either way it's all fun and games and even better when you kill/catch a monster!

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally don't see the difference in hunting a bait barrel or pile then hunting a foodplot. Both things are not natural at that location, put there by a hunter to see and kill game. Sure, I don't hunt all my foodplots, but I use them to bring in deer still so I know they will be around. It's all hunting. And even if its not your cup of tea, you shouldn't try to make other hunters feel bad about how they enjoy the sport.

3. wdvorak

wdvorak Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like you guys are hunting in some of the most challenging places on earth. Where I hunt deer, we see 10-50 deer a day, everyday. Where I hunt black bear, it is spot and stalk and I see 2-3 a day, almost everyday. You guys get an A for finding a challenge but hunting in a better area wouldn't be considered to be cheating.....would it?

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heck no I wish I had your spots bud!

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen Brother, there is way to much of this type of thinking. My hunting is ok your inst BS . Most of this comes from being narcissistic and thinking someone else loss will be their own gain. They are fools. When one hunter looses his rights we all loose.

To answer the question. Baited Bear hunts are a blast and no sure thing by any means. I dont care about baiting deer, if you want to fine..its your time and money and hunting. Not much different the food plots ect.

Canned hunts Like I just watch the Scent Blocker Pres do on TV at the Timber Ghost ranch in Iowa make me sick.

6. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What Is real hunting? Dogs? Drives? I understand that's how allot of PA residents hunt bear and I'm not knocking It. I challenge you to come to Minnesota with your arrogance and lay one down In our big thick woods here without bait and fields with a bow.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Schultzy don't let him full you there's no great bear hunting in PA either. Not to many kill them here and only a few bow hunters have ever killed here. I don't even bear hunt PA because its worthless and most guys here kill the first cub they see they don't wait for a bigger one.

8. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dan, you are right on the mark buddy ,couldn't have said it better. i did find some amusement in lilSiman's remark"NO FUN UNLESS KILL CAN GO BOTH WAYS" i've been fortunate enough to arrow 4 bear over bait in 12 years,one at 6 yards, and last year a 435lb at 14 yards. it's easy to make remarks like that when your sitting in the living room with all the lights on and have never bear hunted. try it when it's about an hour or two after dark, your in brush so thick that you can't see 10 yards in front of you even in the daylight, and you have a big bruiser walking about 20 yards from you whoofing at you . exciting and a rush? YOU BET fun? not exactly. if no fun unless kill can go both ways, then throw down the bow and try to kill one with your pocketknife!!! bet that would be a ball! sorry about ragging on your comment it just gets old when you've never been there or done that.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012