Badlands HydroPack

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by OKbowhunter, Oct 26, 2008.

1. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My itch to get a nice pack has come back.:cool:

Do any of you guys own this pack? Tell me what you think of it. Also, how does is compare to the HyperHydro? They look pretty similar to me, just 300 cu. in. smaller.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.badlandspacks.com/hydro.php

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about that particular pack, but what i do know is that you can't go wrong with a Badlands. I have the 2200 and it's awesome, I love it. The most comfortable and best engineered pack I've ever used. If I was getting a big external frame pack, it would probably be Sitka Gear.

3. OKbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I definately don't need a big pack. I don't even take very much stuff with me while I am hunting.

I tried out quite a few Badland packs today at Sportsman's. They are QUALITY, no doubt. I love the way they are made. The 2200 would be a little too big for me. My ideal size seems to be around that 1200-1500 cu. in. mark.

I currently l have the RedHead Ripcord. It is almost the HydroPack's generic twin. It's just a little smaller, and I was looking for a similar pack that was just a little larger. I think this would be the ticket.

I'm wondering it if would be worth the switch:confused:

Here is both of them:

Badlands HydroPack

RedHead Ripcord

But from what I have heard, you will not regret buying a Badlands.

4. boonedog

boonedog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think you will like the HydroPack. It's tough to beat Badlands. I own the Hypervent and the 2200 (which is actually a 2310 cubic inch pack). I put my bow in the pack and strap my stand and climbing sticks on the back. I get back in the boonies on my dirt bike with everything on my back. And, all the packs come with an unconditional, lifetime warranty. Pretty cool.

5. OKbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After looking at all their packs for what seems like hours, I may have my sights set on the Ultra Day.

Main reason being the bow holder, it would be nice to have. Plus, a few more cu. in. can't hurt.

Badlands Ultra Day