Badlands Film Festival ... so close

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by DEC, Dec 31, 2021.

1. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I did a thing ...

I submitted two films (one short and one feature) in the Badlands Film Festival, arguably the largest film event in the hunting industry. I set a goal to do this a couple of years ago and I completed the goal of submitting. Unfortunately, neither of my "films" were selected for the finals ... which I am OK with. I am a one man band with no financial help, no team of cameramen, no team of editors ... just me, my cameras, and my PC in my home office. My ultimate goal was to get up on the big screen as a one man band in front of my peers and on the screen with big budgets and huge talents. That ultimate goal will have to wait. I am a bit bummed and a bit more driven than ever now. Look out Indy this one man band is coming for you in 2023 ... :cool:

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I got stuck in the rabbit hole of YouTube one night and stumbled on your videos - very nicely done! I enjoyed them both.

Some of the stuff in this year's festival was truly inspiring and awesome to watch. Some of it was "meh". I have no idea how that horrible "Crawling" video made it to the finals. I thought that one sucked.

DEC likes this.
  3. Gabriel Denzine

Gabriel Denzine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Big Video guy here, question for you. What Picture Profiles do you like to film in? I'm really debating filming most of my B-Roll this year in Slog 3 and using LUTS for CC. I wanted to know if guys are doing the same, or if they're just using Cinetone and touching up the colors they get from that.