Backpack and Bino holder?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Finnz922, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Finnz922

Finnz922 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the market for both. Anyone carry both a backpack and a bino pack every time out. Is it out of OCD or is it something else? I like the Elevation Packs and the Alaska Guide bino packs, but since haven't bought yet am open to suggestions.

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really like back packs and bino harness from Badlands. The links below are to the products I use. They are pricey, but one of the times where "buy once, cry once" is worth the tears.

https://www.badlandsgear.com/collections/frame-packs/products/2200

https://www.badlandsgear.com/collections/day-packs/products/dash

https://www.badlandsgear.com/collections/binocular-cases/products/bino-z

Finnz922 likes this.
  3. Finnz922

Finnz922 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Do you carry both out and do you find it cumbersome? I have always put mine in a backpack, but then find that they are inaccessible once in the tree unless I open my pack and take them out. Seems like I carry more and more stuff. I have some pretty long walks into some public land. No atv's or bikes. Not really worried about the weight, just the ability to carry Bow, hang on/stick combo, backpack, and possibly bino holder. Seems like overkill.

4. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Carrying all of that, you would want the 2200 pack I suggested. It has a solid frame for packing out a quartered deer, but is small enough to be a day pack. I prefer having the bino harness on rather than keeping binos in a pack.

Finnz922 likes this.
  5. Finnz922

Finnz922 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I wear an AGC bino harness and backpack pretty much every trip into the woods without any issues. It's gotten to the point where if I had to give up one or the other, it would probably be the backpack. In fact, if I didn't have to carry my camera gear with me, I may not even carry a backpack and only stick with the AGC pack.

I keep my binos, rangefinder, release, wind checker, licenses/tags, phone, and usually a spare battery or two in my harness. I never go into the woods without it and seriously cannot say enough good things about them. I was super skeptical at first, but after having one for the last few seasons, I don't think I can live without it.

Finnz922 likes this.
  7. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a stone glacier pack and an alps outdoors bino harness I don’t think I would ever not wear a bino harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finnz922 likes this.
  8. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Emergent Elevation pack, as well as the forester lumbar. I can carry absolutely everything in the emergent, and everything I actually need in the Lumbar. Elevation also offers a lifetime warranty on their packs, any issues with them just call them up and they will get you squared away.

Finnz922 likes this.
  9. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    FYI Badlands has free shipping now through 08/31 for orders over $49 placed directly through their website www.badlandsgear.com. No promo code needed.

10. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Archery hunting, unless its an all day sit or something where I would need the frame to get the deer out.. I only use my bino harness. I had AGC and really liked the 2 I had, just got to be a bit cumbersome for me. I switched to "ultralight" and got the stone glacier bino harness... which right now is for sale if youre interested. The main thing I did not like about that is, it took 2 hands a lot of times. I recently switched to marsupial for this year. I think its the perfect mix between minimal and maximum. I can carry everything I need for a morning or evening sit with my bino harness and my pockets. No need for a pack. If you do want a pack, consider what your future uses will be. I bought a pack for western hunting and I have ended up quartering up 2 whitetails and taking them out with the pack. Currently I am running a Stone Glacier Sky 5900 with the x-curve frame. The pack can strap down very small for those day hunts and it can be used for a 6-7 day backcountry hunt.