back to the peep

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by johnstonab, Jul 5, 2012.

1. johnstonab

johnstonab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well y'all, I for about two years now I have been using a Hindsight II to eliminate the peep. Though the HS II is a great sight, I think a peep is the better rout. I have had problems with both at one point or another. My old bow started with the peep, I got tired of the rubber tube coming off or breaking, saw the hind sight, read the reviews and made the switch. On the old bow it was an improvement, had a few problems with it but great improvement. Got my Hoyt AM 32 a few months ago, put the hind sight on there and I shoot really good with it, after a lot of frustration with getting it all lined up and on target. Yesterday I decided to go back to a peep, went to the bow shop and he put one in for me, got home and took the HS II off and headed out back for some shooting. I got it pretty close before dinner, then dead on after dinner. Switching back to a peep (a proper set up Peep) improved my shooting. I think the HS blocks quite a bit of the target.

I am sure reading this forum and a lot more practice helped my shooting, but I can see a definite change shooting the two setups within a couple days of each other.

2. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the hindsight looks kind of ridiculous to me IMO

3. johnstonab

johnstonab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The hindsight works as advertised. I downed two deer using it last season. I have, however, gotten better groups now that i switched back to a peep. the reason i switched in the first place was I had a peep with the rubber tube. that tube came untied, broke or cam off the peep several times. the new peep has no tube and when at full draw is the same size as my sight ring. before the peep wasn't the same size and I would center the pin in the peep. My lack of knowledge/experience combined with frustration made me switch. my frustration with the screws coming loose with the hindsight made me switch back. I am staying with a peep.

4. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The hindsight isn't a bad idea, but the peep just seems like it would be more accurate and looks simpiliar. I don't blame you for sticking with it.

5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate a string peep because you lose that last 5/10 minutes of light when the deer are most active. I use a Timberline No Peep but many people praise the Perrys No Peep also. It high but they seem to love it. I never see myself going back to a string peep.

6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

7. okdeerhunter

okdeerhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: