Awesome Hunt on an Old "Friend"

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Weekend Woodsmen, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Weekend Woodsmen

Weekend Woodsmen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have all had those moments that come so close, but then can't quite make it happen. Well, we were able to get a second chance at a deer we saw last year that we called Dodger. This time we sealed the deal! It ended up being an awesome hunt to go along with the great time in the Ohio woods during the rut. We also had a close call with another brute and had a young buck come in looking for a fight with our decoy. When we got Dodger back from the processor he confirmed what we thought led to the unique rack...he had been shot twice by gun hunters! All said, it was very exciting time in the woods! I hope you enjoy the video!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. BowhuntOrDie

BowhuntOrDie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the awesome buck, great character. Good to hear he survived long enough for you to take him with the bow! And great video as well!

3. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video, great deer. Congrats!

4. Weekend Woodsmen

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! They get a lot of gun pressure around us, but we still like to try to give the little ones a chance and get lucky in seeing this big boy again!

5. SteelPaw10

SteelPaw10 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome stuff! sounds like you were able to confirm with confidence that it was the same buck? was it in the same area of the woods? It looks like different conditions which is interesting! It is nice to see the realistic side of things and the reward of the harvest even though the rack wasn't perfect. Mature deer is what it is about! Nice work

6. Weekend Woodsmen

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! Yes it was the same area, actually the same stand! We are fairly confident, we have a shed from that deer and the characteristics are almost identical. If it ages at a 4.5 years old I will be more confident! I don't believe the conditions drive much as far as deer movement goes as much as hot does do during the rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk