Award winning scent product at the SHOT show

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by lgreenslade3, Jan 26, 2016.

1. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As some of you may know, the SHOT show in Vegas was this past week and there were a lot of great products out there but Scent Kapture, a new scent encapsulating product was a big hit there. As you can see from my signature I am "pro-staff" for them(only cause it's my college roommates uncle who created it). This was available last spring, I knew it worked well but before I posted anything about it, I wanted to make sure I had evidence to back it up so it doesn't look like I was blowing smoke and just trying to sell the product. At the shot show they have a "new-coming product award" or something along those lines and Scent Kapture won. As you can read in this article of the demonstration they had, they sprayed ammonia on a card and then sprayed Scent Kapture and it was gone.Finding The Newest Mouse Trap at the SHOT SHOW | Examiner.com
    Below are some pictures of the success some of us had this fall, and those aren't all of them! For a 10$ investment, it's hard to beat! If you want to read more about how it works or just to check it out go to scentkapture.com
    IMG_0732.jpg IMG_0651.jpg IMG_0656.jpg

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The main ingredients are probably water and sodium bicarbonate. "Encapsulating" scent molecules like we are living in the 23rd century or something. Come on.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember back in 1989 or 1990 Scentlok was at the sports show with the original base layer. They would put a piece of banana in a glass and have you smell it, put the carbon fabric over the glass and you couldn't smell anything.

4. lgreenslade3

Dislikes Received:
    Nope nice try! It's funny these days how a company comes out with a new product and just cause nobodies seen it, it automatically is put down

5. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can only speak for myself, but it has nothing to do with it being new. Snake oil is still snake oil even if it "encapsulates" the odor molecules.

But don't worry, there is enough people always looking for "a magic potion in a bottle" that I am sure the product will do well with all the others so long as you have a good marketing campaign.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Success in a bottle has been tried before.

7. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope it works out for you.

I gave up using scents a few years ago. To me, it is much more important to do your homework and play the wind. Anything can work at any given time. I honestly believe I've had better luck without scents. JMO.

Good Luck.

8. Freelance Bowhunter

Freelance Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to their website and read all about it. Frankly I don't see where it's really any different than a dozen other products which help reduce human odor. Their verbage sounds almost identical to Febreeze.

At least they don't use the term "Odor Elimination" so they have that going for them. How is this different or why is it better than what is already available?

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Odor elimination used in advertisements may be used against them in litigation, companies have learned from the scentlok.

10. Freelance Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They still say it all the time, it's everywhere.

11. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do believe scent control clothing (Under Armor, Scent Lok) and sprays work to an extent... I've been able to get within 10 yards while being both upwind or downwind of deer on the ground stalking.

Also, Scent Lok won their case.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Forget the wind and hunt. Seems like sound advice.

13. lgreenslade3

Dislikes Received:
    I knew I was probably gonna get some crap for it but that's alright! I know a couple guys on here that use it and have success with it but the main reason I posted this is to of course make people aware about a new product that IMO works great. I mean people won't know about it unless you get it out there but another reason is that since my best friends uncle was the creator of this. We've been testing and helping out with it and I'm just excited that something I was apart of got recognition from one of the biggest shows. Which I think that's awesome! I'm not telling you guys to go buy it, I'm just sharing some of the success that's been had with this product.

14. Freelance Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the deal with this type of stuff. "A couple of guys have had success with it" so you believe it works. Another guy got within 10 yards upwind of a deer on the ground and didn't get busted. (Just like there are retarded people, there are retarded deer I guess.)

The point is there is really no way to prove that all this scent control stuff works or how much it works. Sure there are things that kill odor. Scent Killer has been through the rigorous process of testing at a University and it was proven that it killed 99% of the odor in the testing. Ozone also kills scent. Activated Carbon kills scent, but it saturates so fast that by the time you put it on for the first time it is about done killing odor and you have to bring it to 1472 degrees F for it to reactivate (You can't do that in any clothes dryer).

The point is that for everyone who got upwind of a deer and didn't get busted, there are 1,000 who got busted. All of this stuff has some application and some uses that are worthwhile, it all kills SOME odor. But if anyone thinks there is anything that can make them undetectable to a deer, they simply do not understand how good a deer's nose is.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bernie nailed it pretty well right there.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    In some high deer density dumb deer areas I could hunt in cargo shorts, flip flops, and smoke a cigar and still kill deer. Guess if I sprayed some magic spray on me and killed a hood buck then I could be a product success!

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    High deer density equals more eye,ears, and noses to bust you. They may tolerate a closer presence than big woods deer but they are not dumb.

18. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm only 33 and have tried countless deer piss products and all the scent eliminator products you see at the local stores etc. Honestly, I've come to conclusion that I see more deer without spraying **** on me or hanging deer piss on a scent wick. Granted I do wash my hunting clothes in a scent wash and keep all my stuff in a tote etc. I don't care if someones best friends uncles sisters wifes friend made it. I've heard that tons of times LOL. I agree with the above posters though, their is no way to prove that any of this works at all. No matter what, you will have human odor on you, cuz we are human. The trick is beating the deers nose, playing the wind and tricking him before he tricks you.

I hope the product sells for you but if a magic potion existed, it would be out already :)

19. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bucha haters. Good luck with your product.

20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Hating on something or someone for no reason is being a "hater". Talking truthfully about something is not being a hater.