Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

AVOID BOWTECH

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter3469, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First thing I’d like to say is that I was a lifelong BOWTECH supporter and advocate but after my bow tech limbs both failed while sighting in on a trip to Africa, I will never own one again.

It was not just that the limbs failed it was more the fact that after I reached out to my bow shop and bow tech. BOWTECH originally told my bow shop that they would replace the bow because they no longer made the limbs for the Destroyer 340. Then they changed the story to they would give me a discount off of a new bow. Then finally my bow shop was told that I needed to contact BOWTECH directly. I did that just to be told that BOWTECH would not cover any part of my bow because I couldn’t be proven to be the original owner because my bow shop had changed hands.

This took many months of emailing and calling for both myself and my bow shop just to find out bow tech will not stand by their products or supply parts even. In my research and discussion with others I found out that this was a common and known defect with BOWTECH limbs. That just adds to my disgust with the situation.

I just wanted to pass on my disappointment with BOWTECH to all the people in search of a new bow.

Regards,

Former lifelong BOWTECH customer

Attached Files:

MUDSHARK, oldnotdead and Shocker99 like this.
  2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know!

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I avoid people that join forums for no other reason than to bash a company or person.
    That alone show a special kind on vindictive personality on a person that’s best to stay clear from. Real trashy. The kind of person that goes out of his way to hurt or damage someone else.

Just for information, the D 340 came out in like 2009 or 2010.

Doesn’t sound like bow tech offers were out of line at all. I would avoid the OP before I avoided bow tech that’s for sure.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its a grain of salt. I just shot the carbon zion and loved it. Plus their limb issues were resolved i believe.

5. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:

I’m more upset about their inability to handle the situation than the product.

6. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve actually read this forum for years but yes I did sign up to warn the average joe about how a company conducts business with a know product issue.

What offer are you referring to? In the end they refused to do anything.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Call David at Barnsdale archery, he will get you set up with a new pair of limbs at an excellent price.

oldnotdead and Bowhunter3469 like this.
  8. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Thank you!

9. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had 4 bowtechs and I've had issues with every single one. The last was a 2014 prodigy and I sworn off ever owning another.

Bowhunter3469 likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My destroyer limbs failed because I continued to shoot a nocturnal long after the battery was dead, the nock cracked on release and it was like a dry fire, I brought the bow to the shop to get checked and it looked ok little over 20 shots in the limbs blew up. I do not blame either company and I was very happy with my Barnsdale limbs at max they were real close to 80 pounds.

Bowhunter3469 likes this.
  11. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like to hold grudges, but my only experience with Bowtech customer service ensured that I will never buy their bows again.

I once bought a Bowtech Insanity that couldn't be tuned. Oh, it seemed to shoot okay when I left the shop, but things started getting wonky as soon as I started shooting it a lot. I tried calling Bowtech customer service, left messages, and sent emails multiple times with no response. I finally drove the 3 hours back to the shop in Arkansas and they tried to work on it. They eventually found something wrong with the limbs or limb pockets (can't remember exactly what was) and they tried calling Bowtech. They couldn't get in touch with them so I ended up leaving the bow there. They tried to contact them for over a week with no success and the tech at the Arkansas shop finally called and said that if I wanted they would give me a full refund. I made the three hour trip again and walked out with a new Mathews Heli-m.

It was kind of a shame because I liked the way the Insanity looked and felt, but if that's their definition of customer service then I definitely didn't want to own their equipment.

Hopefully they've improved in the customer service department, but I don't intend to set myself up to find out.

MUDSHARK and Bowhunter3469 like this.
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There it is, a " special kind of vindictive personality " That drew out the issues others have had with the same company over the SAME ISSUES.
    One person's vindictiveness is another's good deed

MUDSHARK likes this.
  13. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine has a bowtech and is presently going thru this same issue with bowtech.

At this point I am glad I am loyal user from another brand.

oldnotdead likes this.
  14. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is it kind of disappointing that they no longer make limbs for it? Yes. It is a 12 or 13 year old bow after all though.

But the bow wasn't registered. Registering an expensive product to ensure the warranty will be valid is called "adulting".
    Either you aren't the original owner, or you failed to bother to register it when you bought it. Perhaps the shop you bought it from said they would and let you down.

I recently had to use the warranty on a generator I bought last year. The very first thing they did when I called them and mentioned the word "warranty" is look up if I had registered it. Very common thing with companies and warranties.

Sounds like initially someone at Bowtech ass-u-me-ed the bow was registered, so said they'd be willing to offer a discount on a new bow, but then they discovered the bow wasn't registered. That changed everything, just like it would with any company.

I have seen one set of limbs fail in my archery journey. It was on a Mathews Heli-M my brother-in-law has. He had bought it used and wasn't the original owner. He called Mathews and talked with them, hoping they would help cover some of it. Nope, he was not the original owner so no warranty. But they did at least have some limbs he could buy to get it back to working order.

trial153 and LittleChief like this.
  15. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah three sides to every story. The Ops who cut and pasted this then joined three other forums to lambaste a company. Think about how this conversation would have been different if he took the same amount of time to go online an register the bow.
    Bowtechs side who obviously isn’t represented here and then side three…truth about what took place with a 13 year old bow, a broken limb…and who really did or said what.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    dnoodles likes this.
  16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a hard time feeling bad for a bow that fails at almost 15 years old.
    BowTechs limb issues were well known back in the early '10s-teens.
    I have been shooting my 18 (17?) Reign since new, it shoots great although it's a tank and I have had no issues with it. :confused: Maintains a tune really well for a big twin cam.

I wouldn't say I am a BowTech groupie but I would definitely check out their flagship before I bought another new bow. I own a 13 Mission Ballistic that I have also had since new, and a 2021 BlackOut Epic that I bought off the shelf for an impromptu western bowhunt; and have had a couple Mathews in between all that. The BowTech is definitely the 69 Chevelle of my line up. Weighs a ton but launches hard and straight. No signs of de-lam and I shoot it quite a bit.

LittleChief likes this.
  17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'll bet this guy told Bowtech CS that he would put them on blast on every archery forum out there if they didn't take care of it. So here he is, making good on his promise. :lol:

MUDSHARK and NebMo Hunter like this.
  18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Like a spoiled child that didn’t get his way. I am not a bow tech fan, but I am tempted to buy one out of spite right now.

19. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Nope After months of dealing with with poor customer service I wouldn’t expect anything from them but might as well let people know…

Working for BOWTECH though you should be able to get them to sponsor this website…

20. Bowhunter3469

Bowhunter3469 Newb

Dislikes Received:

You’re right probably should have posted the emails so all the reps and salesmen don’t have a leg to stand on.