Autumn Rising--TEAM 25

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by patmcm129, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Oldcarp, Glad to be able to put some points on the board!!

Oldcarp likes this.
  2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats more pts and freezer full.

3. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats old carp on the goat

Oldcarp likes this.
  4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Galen... Fine doe young man!

5. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks again bone head!
    HAHA sometimes I don't feel to young anymore, :biggrin:

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Galen! and to you carp on the speed goat!!

I had a quiet opener, hunted the evening and only had a yearling 7 come in and get spooky as it came from a direction I did not think they would. Gonna be a rainy week here and most likely I'll be patient and hunt a couple evenings later on.

Great job fellas!

Oldcarp likes this.
  7. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks tynimiller,
    I am beyond excited to get after some good bucks this season, Best year of running cameras yet, Lots of mature bucks that I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if given the opportunity, Just praying I get a good wind during a cold snap here in the next few weeks so I can try and get something done!

bry2211 likes this.
  8. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Think I'm going to slip out Friday evening after work for a couple hour sit in the new ground blind we put in on the family farm. Suppose to be rainy with a S- SW wind. This wind plays perfect for this set up. I should be able to catch something filtering down off the ridge top to this little bench staging area prepping to hit the corn field. I have found multiple beds and rubs in this area over the years and that's why the blind went up there.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  9. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:

Good luck with that, slip in and kill!!!!!!

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  10. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else not seeing anything like myself

11. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Due to the warm weather when the season started ive only been out once so far and that was last Saturday evening. I will be out tomorrow afternoon as well as sunday morning. And pretty much every weekend and my November vacation days as well.

12. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Change in plans. Not going to rain now. I'll save the blind for tomorrow afternoon when the wife can tag along,

I think I am going to be setting in a creek bank crossing stand that leads to the corn field.

This stand has produced in the past. Gonna be warm and I expect there will be plenty of skeeters...

13. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ty I have been watching all your videos on small acre hunting. Some really great stuff. I wish you lived in WI.

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Rain is drizzling out today...and normally I'd be begging to get on stand but still very early and not much movement has shown on the cards for Southern winds so told wife tonight could be hers so date night it is. Granted.....betting the card of the stand I would have hunted will show a giant...but oh well gut is still saying be patient.

Appreciate the kind words brother...definitely been a process over the years and hopefully continue to get better about sharing more decisions for design or stand placements better. Speaking of Wisconsin...I actually just picked up 300 acres of private up there (260 and 40 acre chunks) but not planning a visit this year to hunt...gonna be up there in spring helping the friend do work and set a plan in place. Hope to knock a Wisconsin brute down in 2018.

Just a heads up, youtube I believe has the largest array of all the vids...Facebook has gotten a few that Youtube hasn't but for the most part any and all are on Youtube. The website kinda has the highlights or most current but not all.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Touch of an update here overall would be the New22 is battling a 100 acre field of late drilled soybeans that are irrigated to the SE. They harvested wheat in late July and drilled beans in hoping to get a crop and as long as the weather holds out they are gonna make it happen it seems...but it is taking some serious pressure off my plots and as far as I know no one hunts that field or the creek bottom along it (may look into that some year...just to not have anyone hunt it really).

The Homestead property is heating up with activity now that crops are getting harvested around my parents' house. The food plot behind their house easily tripled in size thanks to a dozer visit before spring green...the does are starting to really hit hard. Water tank is just below cam which is where those deer are heading between bites. (picture attached). The deer are in the plot mornings, mid-day even and evenings the past few days....the bucks will come eventually (just a yearling 6 pointer right now that shows immense promise).

My Swamp Property (the big buck or should be BB potential spot) is overrun with landowner activity...friends of their activity...seems every day their walking around or driving kubota....through woods, trails, food plots and what not. It is calming down but the deer just haven't been extremely active and first year ever really nothing worth shooting has been active on cams....I believe it will all change once temps drop and beans fully go yellow or out around it.

The Riverbottom (near Homestead property so some buck overlap) has a food plot for the first time and the brassicas are thriving but the turkeys ONLY let the brassicas live. I'll be shooting a fall turkey most likely there as they are OVERRUNNING the place. Lots of does, and one buck that looked promising....time will tell here as well.

Mid-October is when I'll start making my moves more...last week I'll really start hunting every chance I can convince boss to let me not work LOL.

Good luck all!

Attached Files:

Wiscohunter and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Galen you got this on the scorecard correct? I must of missed it? Congrats again for the second time. (Nevermind found it!)

17. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice evening... Now all i need is the deer to show up

IMG_20171006_171136.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    tynimiller likes this.
  18. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    So... A 6 point walked all around me tonight and the bow never came off the hawk. That's right I took the G5 tonight cause I knew my shots would be under 20 Yards and let me tell you I was happy it hung there...

Right at last light I had a big boddied deer come down the same point and hung up. Never budged!

Another day he will maybe!

tynimiller likes this.
  19. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    No hunting today / no hunting in PA on Sundays, but lots of football!!!!!!!!!

20. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seen 2 does this morning so far. No shots leave canopy in this stand is thick. Will be 15 yard shot max.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017