ATV suggestions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Sep 6, 2008.

1. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I always knew you were a smart guy Dan.:cool:

Honda is the way to go for reliability. American made (i think)and workhorses....We have had 8 ATVs in my life. 2 were not Hondas, and they stayed <3 weeks each...just hated the polaris and the suzukis were just so so.

My vote for a solid, last as long as your truck, get you where you need without all the mudd bogging and winch accesories and easy on gas, withOUT breaking the bank...go with a Honda Rancher, ours is a 350 cc. This is what our last to bikes have been. New one (06) only has 1500 miles, but the one before that (03) had 7000 miles when we sold it. The rancher I stayed with in SD had the same bike 2002 i think, and he had nearly 20,000 miles on his. I cant remember exactly, but I know it was over 15,000.

The ones bigger than a small S10 with lifts and mudding tires are foreign to me, if thats what you are looking for disregard my vote.

2. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Getting there :lol:

Arctic Cat will definately get a look from me.............I prefer made in USA.

Having said that I will not hesitate to buy another model if I see major differences in quality.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Atlas from what I know Polaris are the only ones made in the USA. They are made in Iowa, I am getting one.

We have an ARCTIC now at the farm, great rig. Only complaint is she starts a bit hard when it's called. Takes a long time to warmup.

4. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The name Honda is, of course, Japanese, and much of the design elements of its vehicles was done in Japan, but if you own a late-model Honda utility or sport/recreation ATV (400EX and 250EX), you're most likely riding a machine that was manufactured and assembled by American workers. The same can be said about many of Honda's other products sold in America, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, general-purpose engines and power equipment products. American Honda as a whole has a total U.S. capital investment of nearly $8 billion. In 2005 alone Honda purchased from 530 U.S. suppliers, racking up $14 billion in parts purchases, and employed 29,000 American "associates" working at ten manufacturing plants and 10 R&D centers, with a combined payroll of almost $2 billion.

Honda's All-Terrain Vehicle and Personal Water Craft Manufacturing Plant in Timmonsville, SC.

5. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have always been a huge Arcticcat fan. I was looking at them this year but decided I have to hold off one more season to get mine!

6. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hondas are made in the USA, also. About 30 minutes north of Columbus .. . I used to make them :usa:

7. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well if Josh makes or made them that is reason enough to stay away with them!

8. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    This is correct :d Honda of America is located in Marysville and East Liberty, Ohio. They manufacture almost everything, including engines and trannys. Cars, trucks, bikes and ATVs. . . and a few other things.

9. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    lmao! Shoulda seen that one comin'. . . thanx for the vote of confidence Fergus :hater: :d

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    As long as we're naming where the quads are made, Arctic Cat is made in Thief River Falls, MN.