ATV Snow Plow

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Nov 28, 2018.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay so snow blower took a dump last year...just got a Honda Rancher (2x4) quad and think I'd rather just get a manual snow plow for it rather than a blower.

Main use will be just our two car wide driveway that is maybe 20 yards wide or so for now....maybe neighbors if nice LOL...

My question is anyone have any recommendations? I do not want exceptional wide one, especially not being 4x4 smaller blade, less snow moved each trip is a good thing but it is more than capable for sure.

I would prefer to stay under $500 for sure....I'll shovel honestly if gonna cost a ton.

Thoughts?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a really nice shovel, or admit that you just want to play with your atv.:biggrin:

3. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd get a blade that pivots that way it'll push snow off the side cuz otherwise you'll never you'll never go anywhere with your two by four four wheeler pushing snow forward

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

early in likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kids and a shovel... that's my solution and recommendation.

Beyond that, I've got nothing, we only get snow once or twice a year in my part of the Carolinas. :nana:

early in likes this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Polaris plow with my polaris wheeler and ....it sucks. Spend the money and get a moose

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a grizzly 700 with a warn winch and plow and its great. But it's super heavy and without 4x4 capability it would be a pain. I could only image on a 2x4 and not sure what size bike it is. You would need to get a lite weight plow and a mounting kit that mounts underneath towards the rear of your atv.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Honda Pioneer SXS with a Moose plow that is awesome. I have a 6' plow so that it is wider than my rig so I'm not driving through snow as I'm plowing. My driveway is 180' long by 50' wide and I plow the farm drive and a couple of neighbors. I'm not sure how you'll do with a 4X2 but I do not like shoveling snow. My best advice would be that if you put a plow on your wheeler be sure to change your winch to a synthetic rope.