Attention garage guys.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by wibowbros, Sep 8, 2017.

1. wibowbros

wibowbros Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to build a storage area for my bowhunting gear in my garage (hang on stands and sticks mainly) and wondering what some of you guys do. In the past I've stored all of my gear in the basement but now the kids toys are taking over, leaving me little room treestands and such!

Any guys have a great solution for storing them in the garage, hooks? shelves?
    Thanks!

2. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Take the toys to goodwill?

3. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put up ladder hooks and hang all my stands in my Garage, take all the seats at straps off and store them in a tote so they don't collect any Oder from equipment in the garage. I'll just wash stands down with scent free detergent before hanging them. All depends on where you have space to put em

wibowbros likes this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    YouTube garage storage, DIY storage, etc. Probably not hunting specific but should give you some ideas.
    For me, I hang my hang ons and climbers on hooks in my garage attic to keep the car smells off. I need to make some ceiling mounted racks (like Gorilla) in my garage for my bins. As of now they sit in my concrete crawl space but I have too many bins and it's a beeyotch to keep them organized and accessible when the crawl is only 3' high.

In fact, this weekend I'll pull all of them out and start getting prepped/organized. My basement (finished) is a war zone from Sept-Jan.

The wife looooves it. :argue:

5. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Google Husky Velcro Hang-All Straps. They're pretty handy for stuff that's too big to simply throw on a hook. You might be able to strap a few stands together and put them all on one hook. I use one for a folding ladder and another for four folding patio chairs. They let me put all four chairs on one hook. Don't let the Velcro part scare you off, I think the big ones hold up to 250lbs. Fairly cheep too. They won't help you with your totes but might be a good solution for your stands.

-D

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get rid of the kids and wife and you won't have to worry about these types of things

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Frankiecruzer likes this.
  7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the middle of re-organizing mine so I can fit the boat in there for winter. I'll post pics when I'm done this weekend.

8. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing I keep in the garage is my climbing stand. It hangs on a couple of barn nails next to my work bench. I set it outside for about a week before I plan on hunting and spray it good with scent killer. Never had a problem with scent and its out of the way. All my other stands either go in a machine shed or stay out all year (private land).