ATA

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by vitalzone, Feb 11, 2021.

1. vitalzone

vitalzone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Halon 5 with 27 in draw length mods. When I put in the draw board in measures 26.5 . The ata measures at 30 1/2 and is suppose to be 30. It is perfectly timed. I've researched that adding equal amount of twists to the cables will fix this. looking some input.

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no tuner but believe if you kept the twist equal it should be fine.
    But, it would drive me crazy wondering why it was a whole 1/2" too long. Is it a set that's been on it for quite a while that has stretched that much?

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @trial153 really knows his stuff about tuning, hopefully by tagging him he'll see this and respond.

4. vitalzone

vitalzone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the strings been on a couple years but I did not notice the difference until I switched to a thumb release

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Almost all Halons ran a bit long in draw length, 3/8 or so..

Coming up short is strange.
    First step make sure the mod is correct by referencing it to number in the manual. If it's the orginal string and cables I would replace them. The sets matthews put out 2017 and 2018 were some of the absolute worst.

Any way. Bottom the limb bolts out, Then press the bow and remove the cables. Add 5 equal twists to each cable and reset them on the cams. Take the bow off and put it on a draw board with a bow scale. Measure the peak weight. Then keep adding twists to both equally until the bow is slightly above peak weight.
    When that happens put it back on the draw board and measure the draw length. It should be close to 27 at that point. The ata will be close to 30 and the brace hight will be about 5

Mod-it likes this.
Tags: