Assault 2 vs Alpha 2.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Shocker99, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That depends on how tall you are, your flexibility, and how much crap you are wearing. I don't stretch them out near as much as I use too. I think it can lead into a mishap. I'd say I average about 18' to the bottom of my platform.

2. DJinNC

DJinNC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Late to the party, but I am 5'7" and I have carried up to 6 sticks with me. 4 sticks get me to about 17 feet which is generally fine. It get's me into the top of the scent cone and usually just above the lower canopy which is my objective. I like to have leaves and branches breaking up my profile from below. I'll usually carry a fifth stick because you want to be one stick higher than the stand to step down on to the platform (safety) and it gives you a place to hang a pack and bow. Also, worst case, that 5th gets me 20 feet up. I have gone 6 sticks and my 20 foot pull up rope was a few feet off the ground.

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My run and gun hang on set up is an assault, 4 sticks, and the stick quiver. I also have a Alpha Hand Climber for a run and gun set up, both are great! In regards to a hang on set up though the smaller and less weight of the Assault seems to outweigh the larger platform to me. Either way you will not be disappointed. Good luck!