ASAT cammo pattern

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by StringPuller#1, Oct 22, 2015.

1. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20151022_120018.jpg
    My first season trying out this pattern, I walked in the room and my dog looked at me with the strangest confused look. I'm hoping that is a good sign.......I'll start out my hunt from the ground, sitting on a stool brushed in over a food plot, as the leaves fall more I'll bring it into the tree.
    If it looks like no shooter buck turns up and there's doe in the field I plan to walk out tall in plain view and see how they react to the pattern.
    I usually hunt in a ghillie suit, from the ground and tree, it sucks sometimes because the stringy material catches on EVERYTHING is the only reason I want to switch, I've had great success with the ghillie, last year I belly crawled through a food plot, a short in height food plot, so close to a doe with wind in my face I got too close to even want to shoot her anymore, I just popped up to scare her off.
    I go hunt Saturday, I'll revisit this post if there's anything worthy to report about the performance of the ASAT pattern.

2. StringPuller#1

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the sideways photo

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You will be happy, very happy. I have phased out all my camo in the last couple years. Everything is now ASAT

4. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer more open patterns like that. Predator and Vertigo are my favorites so far. Will be interested to hear how it works.

5. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ASAT has been my favorite pattern for the past 6 years, can't tell you how many times I have had deer look right through me while wearing it. You won't be disappointed.

6. usmc-boston

usmc-boston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do they make a full jumpsuit in it?

7. StringPuller#1

Dislikes Received:
    20151023_134142-1.jpg
    The rest of my cold weather ASAT pattern gear came today, it's put out by First Lite, first impression they make a decent product, seems as durable as it can be I suppose. It's the Sanctuary coat and bibs. Anyone have any questions just ask, I won't be in the field until November 4th and 5th, if I don't connect come back Mid December for late season. For what I paid for this suit deer better be tripping over my feet as they walk past!!!!!

8. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i've used a mossy oak forest floor leaf suit for year's stalking up on deer with a recurve. it work's very well is worn out put new elastic in it this year.

bought ASAT leaf suit this year haven't used yet. looks good for after leaves are gone though will be trying it then. just seems awful light colored for early season with alot of dark foliage

9. toxophilus

toxophilus Newb

Dislikes Received:
    :) I had to Muley Does 2 yards from me, checking me out during the Colorado archery season, they eventually walked off to 10+ yards at which time I practiced drawing without being detected... if only I had a deer tag! Later during the week I had a Mule deer buck walk below me while I'm out in the open fully clothed in ASAT; it eventually laid down for a morning nap about 35 yards away from me. I was Elk hunting so I had to get moving, took a step and the deer froze in his bed but I just waved at him and kept hunting, that was funny watching his expression on his face!

Love that ASAT pattern! I've also had my hunting partner tell me when I don't move he can't see me from 20 yards away.