Artificial Christmas Trees for Screening

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Nissen121523, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Nissen121523

Nissen121523 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard of people using artificial Christmas tress to brush in ground blinds.

Has anyone tried using these to create a permanent screen? I'm thinking about making a line of them about 25 years long if i can find enough of them.

Sounds like a crazy idea but it'd be more efficient than planting Frigid Forage Plot Screen

2. arpy00

arpy00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the "branches" for years. I have only one ground blind and it is dressed up with old Christmas tree branches and anything else I can find. Keep an eye out for the fake trees and other phony plant stuff all year (folks getting rid of stuff at garage sales, etc.). I use a lot of fake garland and the longer branches on my elevated tree stands. I will admit it kind of looks hokey....but it works breaking up your silhouette and last for a couple of years for sure.

3. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've thought the same. Or using garland to wrap ladder stands.

I'm going to put a small piece of garland on my riser for camo to help breakup my silhouette.

Kilboars Hunt Club

4. Nissen121523

Nissen121523 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've thought about garland too but think that would look too unnatural.

I will definitely be checking craigslist for these trees -- I'M NOT SPENDING ON A DIME on this project hahaha

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use them to brush in behind my stand if the tree is too narrow to give me back cover, just the branches not the whole tree.