Arrow Wraps.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by seanmoe, Nov 19, 2011.

1. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How many of you who fletch there own arrows also wrap them? Is there an advantage to this or is it a sticky wast of time?

2. archery>guns

archery>guns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I mostly used arrow wraps becuase i have always thought they looked sweet. It also makes them a little easier to see when they fly. Shortly after i started using them i was told fletchings stick better to them than they do just to the arrow. I have been using them for a few years now and from my own experience i dont think that is the case. If anything the wraps rip slightly more often than fletchings come off. I have been ordering mine from onestringer because they are relatively cheap, that might be a factor. I recently ordered the double dog wraps (a clear, protective wrap that goes over your origional wrap) and they are supposed to make your wraps stronger, I havent been able to shoot enough with them to give an accurate review about them. I am excited to test them out though.

All in all, Wraps are relatively cheap (from onestringer at least) and work just about as well as without wraps so to me its worth it because i like to decorate my arrows. One thing to keep in mind is that they will add weight to the back of your arrow so be aware of the effects of that.

3. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright sounds good. I think I'm just going to go without from now on.

4. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use them for several reasons.
    - Fletchings get better contact (never had one come off a wrap).
    - They make the arrow easier to find.
    - They look cool. (Always important!!)
    - They give me a measuring gauge for bear hunting; if a bear's front track is wider than my wrap (7") he's a shooter.
    - They don't negatively effect my FOC much because I add 100 grain inserts anyway and shoot logs (560 grain) so I'm not concerned about the total weight either.

It's a fallacy that they make the arrow easier to see in flight, at least, it better be! I mean think about it... I don't want to be seeing the side of my arrow as it flies.

5. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always used them and they have never helped me see my arrow and you right whowants to see th side of there arrow. I just don't think it's worth the price and the mess, yes they look cool but most of the ones I've used have been white and I think whitetails are able to see a flat white color well and zero in on it, I may be wrong but they have been spending alot of time looking for other deer with white tails...just a thought...also i know you can buy wraps in other colors.

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: