Arrow rest changed.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by johnstonab, Feb 10, 2013.

1. johnstonab

johnstonab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally did it. I have had a whisker biscuit in my bow for 8 years now. It was about time to change the biscuit out. After reading on here and talking to others in the sport I went with a drop away. I have been toying with the idea for a year or so now, just couldn't pull the trigger. Friday I went to gander mountain while waiting for the Mrs. to get out of work. Talked to the nice guy at the archery counter and decided what I wanted. Took my bow in on saturday and got a QAD installed. Got it home and shot a few arrows, this is where things got aggravating. First shot and I can see where the fletchings are hitting the pad on the rest. Shoot a couple more and the pad rips off. Open up QAD's website and see it says on a Hoyt bow to use the TL1 rest that comes with it. Sure enough the TL1 is still in the box. Put that one on, no more fletchings contact. Life is good again. Today me and the kiddos were shooting out back, I got the new rest tuned in and I think this thing is great. I am happy I decided on the QAD drop away.

Alex

2. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have installed the qad on several hoyts and only had to use the tl1 on one. That was a vectrix and the tl1 eliminated the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

3. Jhoyt

Jhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    speaking of rests...i just bought the vapor trail limb driver pro V and love it!!

4. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Quad on my Mission Riot and love it. I ended up taking the top bar off, because it was making contact, but since then, I haven't had any issues.

5. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll be glad you did. This HDx is the second QAD I've owned and they seem to be a top quality rest.

Jhoyt, how do you like having that extra cable stretched up to your limb all the time?? seems like it would be something else to be worried about tapping with a broadhead in the dark. Tho the new ones say they'll trigger off the bottom limb too. I'm just not sure I like the look of an extra cable attached to my limb.

6. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck & shoot str8!

7. Jhoyt

Jhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man you dont even notice its there and youll have a better chance at cutting your cable before the string from the rest!

8. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The prov will most likely be the next rest I buy.

9. Jhoyt

Jhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man im telling ya..one of the best and fastest drop away rests ive ever shot and its silent..i got mine friday and spent 2 hours at the indoor range and 1 hour doing techno hunts after my pro shop put it on lol...oh and 3 hours yesterday in my backyard lol

10. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the prov because it is "soft" spring loaded and allows for natural movement of the arrow. It also slams out of the way later , which allows the rest to guide the arrow a little longer than many fallaways that fall slow and early. This makesfor a little better tune and slightly more forgiving.

It acts much like the whammy (which I love) but it can knock the arrow off the rest on a let down.