Arrow hitting sight housing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Ztachick, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Should be an easy fix but I haven't been able to test it out. I just installed my fast eddie xl double pin. I sighted it in at 20-60 to get my sight tape but if i wanna shoot anything longer than 70 yards my sight housing is sitting on my arrow. I just need to move my 2nd axis up on the rail and re sight in correct? Or am I just going to cap out at 70 yards with the set up I have? Shooting a nitrum 67# 27" draw.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have same set up had same issue at about +85 yards. Not sure if you can re set your #2 axis. I just marked a spot on the pin below the 2nd dot with a white paint marker at 100 yards. Don't need the fiber optic dot as no way I'll be shooting 100 yards in low light (not that I would at an animal anyway.)

Ztachick likes this.
  3. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, i didn't put the numbered sight tape on yet cause I saw that I would be hitting my sight if I wanted to shoot farther. You know the 2nd axis mounting bar though? I move it to the top holes and going to try that but i feel that no matter what my 20 yard is going to be at the same level no matter where it is mounted on the 2nd axis bar.