Arrow Components

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by marshbanks12, Apr 9, 2021.

1. marshbanks12

marshbanks12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have recently begun the adventure of building my own arrows for my compound bow and am just looking for some of your personal favorite sites to buy vanes, wraps, inserts and other components! Thanks

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buy through a local mom and pop. They are a dying industry and worth the extra cost.

cantexian and Suncrest08 like this.
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a local that's worth a damn, it's not a bad idea to at least check them out. But even the only "decent" local shop around me doesn't carry most components and what they do carry is mostly limited to what they have on hand to do their own arrow builds. They also don't have a website that I can browse before going in and rolling the dice on inventory. (They do make a good custom string though, and I use them for that.)

I finally gave in and started using Lancaster about 3 years ago when I got started building my own arrows. I was really glad I did. Their catalogue had always been intimidating, but when you actually talk to them you will not find better selection or customer service anywhere else. They have the live chat sessions where you can actually engage in a back and forth conversation with tech guys who know their stuff. Plus, they don't shill for any specific component brands. You tell them what you think you want, what your shooting specs are, and they help guide you through the process from nock to insert.

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Ebay, that’s right I’m cheap!

5. marshbanks12

marshbanks12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two local shops that are not worth a damn. They have both burned me so bad that I make the two hour drive to Lancaster for anything I need. I figured Lancaster is a good option but I like having a variety of options haha

dnoodles likes this.
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I get all of my archery equipment from Lancaster these days. I'm too scared of buying off eBay or Amazon - never know when you're going to get counterfeit junk. And it's almost impossible to sift through what's legit and what isn't.

When I'm in a pinch and need something NOW, a local shop or Cabela's will do. Trouble is, most of the time they don't have what I'm looking for.

7. Farcher

Farcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have been to Cabela's twice in the last 6 months in Hamburg PA both times it was a waste of time and gas to go out there. They have such a limited archery and virtually no selection of traditional archery and ever shrinking supplies of everyday camping and hunting equipment, that it's no wonder people don't shop there anymore except for an excuse go look at them animals on display. If you're looking for a Bass pro or Cabela's logo on clothing go there to shop. such a shame to drag the Cabela's name down that far.

BB1 likes this.