Archery Rentals

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by green.joel2, Sep 8, 2017.

1. green.joel2

green.joel2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, everyone! I have been hunting since I was pretty young. My grandpa was a massively successful bowhunter within the West Virginia Bowhunters Association (the first inductee into the bowhunters hall of fame). I am now studying business administration with a concentration in management/marketing and am trying to do some market research for a potential business idea. Most hunters, I believe, wish they could work in a hunting related field and still provide for their families. I just need some feedback on how interested you or anybody you know would be in an archery rental business. I know that there are similar stores that do this for target shooting, and part of my idea involves having an indoor and outdoor range for simply that reason, but I believe there may be a market for renting archery equipment to hunters for a weekly or daily fee. There will probably be some legal implications and probably some down payment/incidental insurance requirements associated. However, I believe this idea would appeal to those who wish to try hunting or go hunting with their friends but don't want to pay the huge prices that some brands of bows cost. The equipment, mostly, is reusable for many years, with proper maintenance and I have the skills and equipment already in place to make average arrows, which is a cheaper option than buying from Cabela's or similar big names. Additionally, do any of you think that onsite gun rentals and range paired with the above business would help or hurt the business' profits. Let me know guys. Thanks alot!