Archery Leagues

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Just Passin thru, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanted to see how many of us on here shoot in archery leagues during the off season to keep your skills sharp. I shoot in two, one adult league on Wednesday nights and one youth league on Saturday mornings. Both of them are 3d. I love shooting in them and look forward to each one during the week. How about you?

2. nsimmons

nsimmons Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Neillsville, WI/ Chippewa Falls, WI/ Spooner, WI
    I'm really excited to start shooting some leagues and doing some shoots. I have been so busy the last year with moving and such. Now I'm all settled in and I have been shooting everyday trying to get my form ready for some shoots this summer.

I have a new bow coming on Tuesday or Wednesday so I'm going to have to get that all set up. Going to ask when the next league starts when I'm at my archery shop then.

When practicing I have a smaller target that doesn't quite have enough space to fit a five spot target on it so I use one of the spots. I pin it to the target with nails and shoot a 300 round. I work from home so I like to shoot on my lunch break and then after work when my girlfriend gets home and wants to shoot with me.

3. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on starting up here soon. I believe the first shoot is on the 13th of April so I still have some time to get sharpened back up.

4. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd love to shoot in a league but $40/mo is too rich for me. Just cuz I wanna spend the $$ at the deer expo. but it definitely would help with shooting.

5. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter shoots a Monday night kids league. She wouldn't dare miss that. She even went this past Monday, after having a minor oral surgery and being out most of the day; she called me at work and told me to hurry home so she wouldn't miss archery!

I've been shooting some 3D tournaments this season, there is one every other weekend.

I sometimes go on Tuesday nights for the spots league. As great as it would be to make it to spots league more often, I just don't see 2 nights a week as a great idea for a happy homefront. Especially since the shop is about 25 miles from the house.

6. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the only leauge i know of is about a hour away and that is a techno shoot. but i would hate to sighn up and every week have to make the drive im ok with going up there when i can but thats not once a week though

7. Root

Root Tomahawk group

Dislikes Received:
    When I was younger I was shooting 3 times a week but the fee wasn't bad at all either $6 on training days and for Matches was $15... but then again that was when I was in the youth division for a local league, now distance to get to any actual matches take forever and cost is a little high but if I can find one I would join as fast as a otter cracks a clam.

8. acker3791

acker3791 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Tuesday night league that goes from the end of April to the week of July 4th. It is outdoors in the woods at paper targets. Its only $50 for the season. Then they change it to 3D targets until hunting season starts and that costs $5/wk. I look forward to it each year. Then I mix in shooting with my friends throughout the year whenever we have spare time.

9. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I joined one but have yet to have the time to show up:(

10. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I had the time to shoot some leagues and stuff but never got into it. The two GTG shoots in 2009 and 2010 ate the only 3d I have ever done. Maybe once I finish school I'll get into it a little more.

11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last years G2G was the only 3D ive ever done too but I'm getting into more now. Im actually going to one here in town tomorrow so I'm pretty excited. :tu:

12. Rob W

Rob W Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys from Northern Illinois. Any archery leagues in northern Illinois? I've been shooting/hunting for over 15yrs. But getting into target more and more lately. I only know of Strictly Archery in Shorewood but that's too far south. I'm in Winfield. Any suggestions?

13. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I absolutely love shooting 3D... actually thinking about buying a specific target bow... I have all the target gear on my hunting rig... but next year, I'm thinking about stepping it up to an exclusive target bow.