Apollo 13 - Team 13

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by dmen, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey good luck out there! What happened to our team, you guys still out there? Anyone have any updates? Hope all is well.

2. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still around.) just been monitoring my trail cams for next year. No real prospects .. Deer have really started to move again. It has been unseasonably warm here, that is about to change this weekend.
    Good luck to all still hunting.

Thread killing newbie

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to do some scouting next week for the late season. My unit is closed from yesterday (end of rifle season) until the 26th so I have some time. I have learned after rifle season I have to abandon my normal archery season spot. I am also heading to OH later next week to do some bowhunting, looks like a little cooler temps, maybe I'll get lucky.

4. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck in late season coop. Its a tough time of the year to hunt if you don't have a food source or a good bedding area. I have a few more hunts left. Same was coop our late season opens the 26th. Looking to kill a doe. Also have late muzzleloader in Ohio January 16th or 17th and a trip to Iowa after Christmas. I won't be hunting in Iowa just filming for our show.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah late season is rough on public land in PA. I enjoy hunting it but success is slim around here. Luckily OH is a private farm that me and my friend are the only two that hunt (except trespassers when we aren't there but that's another story). So hopefully with the late season plots we put in I at least see some deer.

6. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys........sorry I didn't contribute but it certainly wasn't from a lack of effort. I hunted my arse off and sadly barely ever even reached for my bow. Saw 3 bomber bucks all season and closest one was about 60-70 yards. Weird year, food plots sucked with no rain for 3 weeks after we planted, warm weather and an honest struggle with our lands true identity all added up to one of the lamest archery seasons in recent memory. Gun was horrible as well until this last week as my dad and brother shot bucks December 6th and I shot one December 12th (maybe my latest ever).

I don't know.......lots of head scratching and not a lot of answers for this year. I tried boys.......congrats to all that had success. I may actually take my bow out in ML but with my luck that will just bring a monster in at 70 yards and kick me in the nads one last time this year LOL

My gun buck.......I have let dozens of bucks his size walk the last few years and it hasn't made even the slightest difference in what we see every year so this one ate a hand loaded Barnes from my 30 06. It was nice to let the old girl bark again :)

[​IMG]

7. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck.

I still have until New Years for bow season. I've been out of the woods since mid November. Weather has just sucked and my cameras were showing no action. I'm off next two weeks. So plan on getting in there. Let's see if I can fling an arrow on a buck before the buzzard.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck man. It's starting to look bleak for me to fill a tag this season. I get 2 weeks after Christmas in PA and OH runs through until Feb 7th. This was the worst archery season in PA I have had in years, honestly. Maybe late season will be better. Not just the weather but the sightings have been very poor even on good days (cold, snow., etc.). I have not made it to OH nearly as much as I hoped due to other obligations as it is almost a 6 hour round trip for me.

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am heading to OH Friday afternoon and Saturday. It's getting late but not over yet.

10. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like I am talking to myself here, but I passed what I think is a 2.5 year old 8 pt last night. Just not what I am looking to shoot at the farm. In PA on the public land I normally hunt, I would have probably shot it. I skipped the morning but will be out mid-day thru evening. I don't really have the right clothes for late season but I just can't bring myself to give up lol.