Anyone with broadhead connections?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hillbilly Jedi, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm curious if anyone has any connections with broadhead companies. We've seen milk jugs, bone, flesh, carpet and a various number of other items shot with broadheads trying to test their performance. But what about something man made and designed to not be penetrated by edged weapons? A couple years ago I tried shooting a level 3 stab resistant vest with 2 different broadheads and wanted to try this again with a wider range of broadheads. I've submitted emails to various companies and so far but Wasp and Dirt Nap are the only folks who were interested and sent me some broadheads to try.

I'm filming this for a YouTube video of my own but have access to several of the vests. As a thank you to the companies, I'm sending them the panel from the vest I use so they can perform additional testing if they'd like and so they can see first hand how their broadhead performed. The 2 broadheads I used before had minimal damage to the vest and did not penetrate it. But think about the potential bragging rights and marketing for the "sharpest broadheads on earth" if they could penetrate this vest.

If anyone has connections and has a company who would like to donate a broadhead or 2 it would be awesome. Please PM or respond to the thread and let me know. I'd love to just do this on my own but I don't have the money to go buy a bunch of different broadheads just to try for myself. Thanks for reading and I'm really interested to see if anything can get through this thing.

If you're interested, here's a link to the previous video I did. Level 3 Stab Vest vs. Bowtech Carbon Knight - YouTube

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No connections but pm me your address I have a few xecutioners I'll send you.

But I will say this. I am not sure how this helps bowhunting.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Copperhead. You know I really don't know if the test will do anything for bow hunting or not. I've always seen people test broadheads on all kinds of stuff like I mentioned. I've never seen anyone test this except for myself. I'm just really curious if ANYTHING will penetrate the vests I have. Broadhead companies always market the biggest cutting diameter, most blades, biggest wound cavity and so on. Maybe this test is a little over the top but if there is a broadhead out there that can penetrate this vest, it will be the "Ginsu" of broadheads.

I'll send ya my address. Thanks again!

skypeace likes this.