anyone' using a bowtech edge?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by in da woods, Aug 7, 2008.

1. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    thinking about buying my 13 y.o. son an edge. what are the pros/cons? would u recommmend it for a newb to archery?

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well as a Hoyt man myself I would never purchase anything saying Bowtech on it! But since Bowtech doesn't make the Edge by Diamond (LOL) does I will tell you that this is a great beginner bow. My 8 year old daughter has been shooting it for two years now and it is awsome! We tried ton's of bows before we bought one and the Edge was clearly both of our favorites. Easy to adjust, upgradable limbs and shoots like a champ!

3. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well as a Hoyt man myself I would never purchase anything saying Bowtech on it! But since Bowtech doesn't make the Edge but Diamond (LOL) does I will tell you that this is a great beginner bow. My 8 year old daughter has been shooting it for two years now and it is awsome! We tried ton's of bows before we bought one and the Edge was clearly both of our favorites. Easy to adjust, upgradable limbs and shoots like a champ!

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Diamond by BOWTECH
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_96137____SearchResults

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My son has one, too... obviously, I think it's a great bow as well.

What most people don't realize is that you can start out with whatever poundage limbs you want, and if your child outgrows them, you can take the bow in to any authorized BowTech dealer and they'll send the bow in to the factory where the limbs will be swapped out to the next-size up, and the bow will be gone over with a fine-tooth comb to ensure it's in great condition. They'll send the bow back to the dealer... for $50.

I think this is a FANTASTIC program, so that you as a parent don't buy a $300 bow (or whatever they are) and get stuck with something unusable in just a year or two.

The modular draw-length adjustments are awesome, too... ranging in length anywhere from 18" - 28". Combine that with the limb program that allows a range of 29 lbs. all the way up to 50, and you've got an investment that will last a long time.

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Greg thanks for sharing this bro. Kudos man.

7. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great starter bow. A little buddy of mine got one last year, Mike, a 13 year old at our camp. He practiced all summer with it last year and hung in with us all season. Finally in the second archery season, when his father was hoping he was done, they went out and he made a great shot on a doe. That made my season to see him get his first deer ever with his new bow.

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I am well aware of that!!! Notice my little laugh after I posted it! LOL

9. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst234_Wisconsin.aspx

10. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    my 7yr old is shooting a 40# one... the thing ROCKS... best kids bow on the market in my opinion... it is quiet and is definitely a shooter... I'll be getting my youngest boy one in another year or two... I'll get him the 29# one and dial it down a bit of course... if my oldest boy continues to do well with his set at 40# i'll send it off next year for the 50's and dial it down to about 42# and let him grow with it...