Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Anyone on MOXY?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Fitz, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Have any of you seen (in person) or know of anyone who has used the MOXY scent system? It an interesting concept... kind of a Bill Nye meets Bill Engvall.
    I'm interested in case I become suddenly wealthy and run out of hunting gear to buy:cool:

Check it out--> MOXY

2. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is a very interesting idea but one that I would never invest in. I just don't care/need to care about my scent that much.

3. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Peak, Duke and I ran into a couple of booths with products like this at ATA. I know Duke smelled what it did for Cologne, skunk and another impregnated sock. Duke even knew the cologne they used cuz he is that damn good. The system seemed to eliminate the scent quite well within an hour or two. Duke was really diggin it and seemed to like it, we could see a review from him on it soon;)

As far as smoking out clothing it can work quite well. I used to hunt a heavily pressured area a lot and the property owner would cut down dying Oak every year for firewood. I often took the oak shavings and put them in a bin with my clothing to have that fresh oak smell or would hang my clothing near the fires he would make to burn off the small limbs that weren't used as firewood. I also tried using the Tink's smoking sticks and would Bomb the back of my truck with the cap shut. All in all I still had deer and never seemed to get busted, I shot my first buck in 2001 (8point) after he came downwind while wearing my "Mossy Oak Flavored" gear.

On a side note has anyone ever seen the following strange phenomenon. Whenever my buddy's dad would be chainsawing wood I would always see deer bedding up close to where he was cutting. Once time I hit the can call between chainsaw cuts and had two does run in during early season and almost got a crack on a decent 10 pointer while he was cutting up the woods.

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Jas this happens a lot up in northern Wisconsin those deer can not wait until they are
    done cutting to move in.

5. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm saying that they are bedded right by the guy while he is sawing. My dad has a buddy that takes a rifle with him in the woods to cut firewood and gets one or two deer a year doing so. I for the life of me have no idea why a deer would want to bed near a chainsaw unless they feel safe from predators.