Anyone have or used one of these

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 450rdawg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. 450rdawg

450rdawg Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have or used one of these safety systems

Makes a lot of sence. I've often wondered how I would react in that situation. I think the retail is around $200.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaDxFcx6Zc

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen several advertisements for these things and they look like a great idea, but in my case they are not necessary because my strap is only long enough for my butt to reach the seat.

3. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It looks like a great product. The price is a bit steep though and my harness has a leg relief system that takes the pressure off the legs until you can either call for help or get yourself situated back in the tree.

4. LAEqualizer

LAEqualizer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It seems to me that, even if you fall on the off-side the tree from your steps, you are still gonna be hanging close to the tree. Why would it be so hard to get a hold on the tree and then your tree steps? I may be overlooking something here.:confused:

I have started using life-lines on all my hang-ons and the one ladder stand I own. I feel a lot more comfortable getting in/out and climbing up/down. Always connected.

That harness does look like a super idea though I must say. 6lbs is kinda heavy though. jmo

5. 450rdawg

450rdawg Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can totally understand being able to get back into a lock on. What worries me is when I'm in my climber. Chances are if you fall out of a climber it could slide down the tree. I use a rope to connect the top from the bottom just like everyone else but it just kinda makes you think. You also just don't know how you would react in this situation, or at least I don't. Maybe I should test my HSS a few feet off the ground just to see what happens.

After kids it just kind of makes you think about this sort of thing. I don't want to end up having someone feed me for the rest of my life......if I still had a life. I hope we all have a safe season, or at least what's left of it.

6. Focnr

Focnr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have one.
    I need one of those.

7. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just go to a linemans supply company....same thing for way way cheaper....