Anyone else struggling?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had every reason to look forward to this season with a license in Wyoming, Kansas, Oklahoma and a special draw tag in Texas. While I could have shot deer in Wyoming I elected to pass the younger bucks and ended up skunked. I got a shot at a good mule deer literally on the last minute of light on the last day and shot two inches low. In Texas I had a three day hunt and rattled in four bucks at once in the first hour. None came in range and only one was a shooter. Never saw another deer. Two trips to Kansas and I saw plenty of deer. Let 7 bucks walk (all two year olds) and had a shooter in range and broadside. When I drew, the doe that led him to me took off and he followed before I could release an arrow. So far in Oklahoma I've had two bucks in range but both were 2 year olds and I saw a shooter at about 85-90 yards. There are acorns everywhere (like I've never seen before) and deer don't seem to be moving far for food. I've seen one doe in four sits. Struggling would be an understatement; it's been a tough year. Instead of tag soup, I'll have enough tags for tag stew...