Anyone else experience this??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Flatstatehunter, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Flatstatehunter

Flatstatehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted Saturday morning looking to fill my doe tag. At about 8:00 a.m. I look to my right and slightly behind me where I was expecting deer to come from into the field. I spotted a set of antlers down in the creek bottom headed towards me. I got my camera turned to him to record him coming my way he came out into the field 12 yards away and walked into the field directly down wind of me. He kept sniffing the air knowing something was different. I practice scent control by storing clothes in bags and getting dressed in the field but this morning I forgot my freaking hunting boots and was stuck wearing old shoes I usually fish and mow with lol. I sprayed them good with scent killer knowing it probably wouldn't work lol.

He stayed in the field surprisingly and fed for awhile. About 15 minutes later I looked back into the woods where he came from and a large doe was standing at 40 yards looking down into the creek bottom. She stomped and I saw a flash of tan run from the bottom of the creek towards her up on the bank. She blew once and ran closer too me. What came up the bank was a very large male bobcat. He ran behind me about 12 yards up onto a log. This is where my question comes into play. The doe began chasing the bobcat and stomping at it through the under brush. The bobcat was very large but did not try to fight just took off with the doe right on his tail.

Has anyone else experienced this before??

Also a small update on my buck I shot this year and posted about. He has yet to be scored because my taxidermist is really busy right now. But he ended up weighing 200 lbs on the rail (no skin, guts, head, or lower limbs)!! I found a calculation online that estimated him to be around 266 lbs on the hoof.

Also I had the taxidermist pull the lower jaw so I can send it in for aging. The taxidermist believes that the buck is probably around 3.5 years old. I can only imagine what he would look like if he survived another 2 seasons.

2. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen a doe chase off a coyote from a corn field so they are not afraid of every thing.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man would have been awesome to catch on cam! So cool!