Anyone Catch Strikeforce's Grand Prix Tourney tonight?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tribal, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fedor was dominated, can't say I am surprised. He is a small heavyweight. He hinted on retirement, it will be interesting to see if he fights again. He seems like the type that knows what he wants. The fighters are much more skilled than they have ever been and he has pretty much stayed the same with no apparent conditioning improvements. He has always been a soft heavyweight. (Meaning love handles and should be at 205 fairly easily if he quit eating cupcakes.

2. mt fighter

mt fighter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya i watched the fights. i agree and think fedor should give 205 a try. however, his conditioning has never been anything less than phenominal. his physique may not be impressive, but that man is in shape, dont let looks fool you. i think he lost two fights in a row, and thats it. i dont think hes entirely outclassed by hw fighters nowadays, but at hte same time, i dont think he was ever as good as all the hype. for past couple years he hasnt fought anyone of importance, and i think its showing now. also, i thought arlovski was looking good, but man did he get knocked stiff. i like the tournament style, but it took a big hit losing those two last night. my money is on overeem to win it.

3. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fedor has always been overhyped. I do like him and he is in any fight with how hard he hits. Thats another problem, he technically has bad boxing. Hard hitter but leaves himself extremely open when he swings wildly like he does. He has had several hand injuries due to this. I don't question his conditioning but it's obvious he could make 205 in a matter of weeks if he needed rather easy. He's 5'11 and not extremly large. I think Bigfoot or Verdum will definetly win it all. But I am biased to great jiu jitsu practicioners.

4. mt fighter

mt fighter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya it's hard to argue against someone as big as silva, he is an absolute giant. i just think overeem is to good of a striker, and enough of a well rounded fighter to beat them. clearly he can outstrike both of them, but has good enough wrestling and a ground game to stay standing, or at least get back up if taken down. but with silva's size, one punch from his lunchbox hands could easily end a fight, and we saw what he can do if he gets someone on the ground, so it should be interesting. i think werdum is overrated. sure he's got good bjj, but in all honesty all he's every really done is beat fedor. a great win, dont get me wrong, but needs to do more imo.