Anyone behind the 8 ball on their equipment?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Am I the only one? :confused:

I had a bow all setup for hunting about 2 weeks ago, but for some reason decided I wanted to try something different. Sold that bow (kept the accessories), and ordered another brand new Marquis. I'm hoping the new Marquis will be in my hands on Friday this week.

I've gotta completely set the new bow up with all new accessories, sight the bow in out to 50 yards, refletch 14 arrows and cull through them by weight, spin test, group tuning, etc.........and then fine tune the bow to shoot Slick Tricks and Rage's to the same POI. So basically I'm starting from scratch on everything, and our season opens in about 3 weeks.

Anyone else behind on their setup or just me?

2. gplant

gplant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I still need to change my rest and tune it in. Will be done this weekend.

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just need to change my peep sight and I will be ready to rock!!! 21 days and counting!!!

4. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bad time of year to be getting new gear! You of all people should know!

5. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Season opens here on Monday the 15th, and my VectrixPlus is locked, cocked, and ready to rock. I shoot a couple dozen arrows from 60 yards everday just to keep loose. Arras are flying beautifully, bow is quiet.....we're ready to go.

6. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I think you're the only one. I'm ready with the Marquis and the longbow.

7. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My season opens Saturday, I have one last arrow to fletch, which I'm doing as I write this and I am ready!

8. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not too terribly worried about it. I am behind, but I've setup a LOT of bows over the last few years and can get it all dialed in and tuned to my standards in a very short amount of time. My shooting is really polished right now too, coming off my best 3D season yet. I'm hoping by next week this time to have it dialed in 100% so I can plan to just shoot it and get used to it.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a little behind where I'd like to be, but I'm not concerned about it. I haven't started shooting/tuning broadheads yet but then again I still have another month before I'll be in the woods. This weekend I'm going to start testing some broadheads out and see how they fly. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have any tuning issues. I'm feeling like I don't want to deal with them right now. Other than that, I really would've liked to have shot more this summer, but again I'm not too concerned about it. When I do shoot I'm spot-on. Todd and I flung a few arrows in his backyard yesterday and out to 30 I'm pretty deadly, which is all that matters.

I am behind on my treestand setups, but I'm hoping to finish them up this weekend as well. I have a few LW seats that need replacing and 1-2 stands that need trimming yet. Nothing major, but just enough to be inconvenient.

I also need to go through all of my clothing and the rest of my gear, but I can do that a week before I hit the field. It's not like I need to wash everything and have it ready to go now just so it can sit for another month.

All in all I'm waiting to get excited until it's go-time. Until then I'm kinda just hanging out and biding my time with the soon-to-be Mrs. :)

10. jaws

jaws Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hahahahahahahaha....looks like my style is rubbing off on ya! LOL! nothing like changing everything arnd at the last min matt! I'm taking your tools away! LOL! Seriously thou, when it shows up come on over and we'll get her all dialed in!

11. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just got back from the archery shop where I was getting my center serving re-done. That was the last thing on my list. I'm ready to go.

Now I'll just kepp practicing till the opener:d

12. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took my bow to the archery shop 2 weekends ago to have the peep adjusted that was turning on me and have the centerserving retied.
    Well it turns out the string was busting up under my center serving..so I had to get a new string on the bow!!
    I picked it up fri night....too dark to shoot!
    Sat evening tried to tune up the broadheads and broke my rest!
    Sunday morning went and bought new rest and installed. Shot bow four (4) times and pulled a muscle in my back!!!:bash:
    SoOooo now I am trying to heal up to hopefully get everything tuned in before my Monday opener!!!!

Lets just say I have had better pre-seasons!!!

13. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nope the bow is shooting darts out to 50 yards with broadheads not that I would ever shoot that far!!!! I just have been putting washing all my camo I need to get my butt in gear!! Walt

14. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Just learning the LW on packing and setting it up. Will be practicing with it tomorrow.

15. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a bunch of little things. Wash my boots & blind. Pack up the climber & back pack. Oh yea, buy a license.

16. Bols

Bols Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, I got one hunt-worthy arrow right now. One.

I should probably order some new arrows, get them set-up, get my broadheads tuned, creep tune my bow, get the lock-on I need, learn how to use my new climber (Thanks BowhuntingFool for pickin' it up)....

Wash my boots, my new pack, and clothes.

Fill my new pack with supplies, buy some light early season clothes, move some ladder stands, and of course, double check the bow and practice shooting on some foam deer out of a hydraulic portable treestand (as Mobow calls them, fancy term for forklift).

17. Washington Hunter

Washington Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have tomorrow to broadhead tune my bow before I leave on Sunday.

I wasn't happy with the way my broadhead tuning was going last week when I made my attempt, so I took 'er to work yesterday and started from scratch. Re-paper tuned and I'll walkback and broadhead tune tomorrow.

Worst case, I'll just sight in for broadheads and call it good. I may not have this bow much longer as it is.

18. Bols

Bols Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know a certain 8 year old that could probably shoot your bow for you next week.

19. Washington Hunter

Washington Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bols, I hate you.

Actually, no I don't.

Get on MSN, I need help.

20. wis_bow_huntr

wis_bow_huntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nope right on target with mine. Finished retuning lastnight actually. Put my new Muzzys on that I got from TX, spin tested, tuned the broadheads, raised my WB a bit for more clearence of the riser, adjusted my site to the right a bit, still hitting a tad to the right but not bad. perfect up and down though. May just move the sit just a tad more. Im about 1-2 inches right of center. Rest is square arrow is square on the wb, cant get any better other than a quick micro adjustment. Season starts in 2 days :)